Prudential's Global Technology team is the Spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you'll unlock a challenging and impactful career - all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world's leading financial services institutions.
The Global Technology organization at Prudential is seeking a Vice President, Solution Architecture Engineer. Reporting into the VP of Digital Products and Services, this highly visible role will be responsible for building, influencing, and driving the adoption of mobile technology platforms that enables business priorities and achieves Prudential's Priority Experiences and Journeys.
This role will be responsible for working across the organization as part of business engineering agile teams to provide the digital engineering oversight and execution of Prudential's digital products/services landscape within Digital. The team is looking for a digital leader with industry experience: strong business acumen, using technology trends and best practices to solve Prudential's business problems, deep experience with mobile, to drive and own business relationships, a strategic and technical mindset as well as the ability to influence business, national & international capability build
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership experience managing mobile application teams supporting external customer facing applications
- Effectively lead a team responsible for architecting, building, maintaining, and supporting enterprise products and services
- Manage a highly technical Agile Delivery Team.
- Strong experience with mobile development (React Native, Flutter, iOS or Android)
- Delivers end-to-end solution using innovative approaches to complex design problems
- Work with internal and external stakeholders (vendors) to continuously improve upon foundational services and develop technology roadmaps.
- Help evangelize IT best practices and trends including TechOps, Automation, DevOps, etc.
- At least 5 - 8 years of experience working in technology and 3 - 5 years of technical leadership experience.
- Extensive development/automation experience in an enterprise environment, either through 1st person implementation or driving a team that achieved such outcomes.
- Fluency with Agile Delivery.
- Ability to process new concepts and technologies quickly, has an appetite for learning.
- A problem-solving mindset, someone with the skills and attributes to find the most appropriate solution that will bring out the desired change/outcome.
- A passion to provide world class customer service.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field.
- Experience in creating a mobile framework is a bonus
- Proven experience in building successful mobile applications.
- Hands-on architect, capable of doing code reviews and develop the most complex mechanisms of the architecture
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Capabilities, like postmortem, observability, quality of alerts, error budget, etc.
- Mobile lifecycle Capabilities, like publish, canary releases, crash-free metrics, versioning, force-update, etc.
- Data-driven mindset that drives success through data analysis.
- Ability to create teams and distributed architectures that enables scale.
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $183,600.00 to $248,400.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The companys well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudentials businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.