ICS is seeking an individual who can function as a Telecommunications Service Technician within our Team.
ICS is a leading provider of outsourced IT services, cybersecurity, communications, and distant workforce solutions throughout the Northeastern U.S. As a customer-focused company, ICS integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs. We also serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments, enabling them to innovate and grow their business while helping protect them from the risk of cybersecurity threats. Employing a team of high-level engineers, we have built a loyal customer base across the region. Headquartered in Binghamton, New York, ICS employs over 140 people throughout its five office locations. As the company continues to expand its footprint, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth.
We're passionate about creating a great place to work for our employees. We strive to provide great opportunities to learn and grow as a team. We are proud of the work we do and the clients we support.
ICS understands that everyone comes from different backgrounds with different skillsets and is committed to the development and advancement of all employees. We are a highly collaborative organization, and there will be many opportunities to learn from your colleagues and advance your career. ICS offers certification programs to help grow your skills.
Work life balance is important to us. ICS is committed to working with each employee individually to find a schedule that allows them to fulfill their responsibilities both inside and outside of work. ICS offers flexible work hours, as well as opportunities to work from home when necessary.
The primary responsibilities of the Telecommunications Service Technician are to maintain and service our customers structured cabling, phone, camera, and access control systems. The ideal candidate is highly focused, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and has excellent listening and critical thinking skills.
· Maintains customer UC systems (structured cabling, phone, camera, and access control) by troubleshooting, repairing, and fielding customer support requests.
· Establish UC systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice, data, and security telecommunication network circuits and equipment.
· Work tickets in order of assignment and plan by the Dispatcher
· Use your time as effectively as possible to assess, plan and resolve UC issues both on site, and remotely depending on the nature of the issue
· Communicate effectively with all necessary team members to resolve issues in a timely manner
· Work closely with your teammates and customers to relay critical information
· Follow all Standard Operating Procedures for your position, function and ICS.
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the UC Manager
· Appropriately document/update all information related to work performed
· Follow development plan as outlined by leadership
Desired Skills & Experience
· Must have 1-3 years' experience in a similar position or related field.
· Previous phone system certifications or training a plus
· Must have ability to climb ladders, pull communication cable, and physically install UC hardware.
· Must have Entry Level understanding of business UC systems and networking.
· Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
· Strong telephone and verbal communication skills are a must.
· Must thrive in a team environment and demonstrate effective team interaction.
· Must demonstrate the ability to effectively work independently.
· Must have strong organizational, priority and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
· Must own reliable means of transportation.
· Must have a valid driver's license.
· Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
· 401k with Match
· Paid Holidays, Floating Holidays, PTO, Sick days, and additional summer PTO days.
· Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability coverage
If you meet the above qualifications and a desire to work with an industry leader in IT Solutions and are the team player that we are looking for, consider joining our team.