About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive. Full Time 40 Hours per week Variable Shift, including weekends/holidays Onsite 5 days/week
The Telecommunications Operator Answers and screens incoming telephone calls; follows through with appropriate action. Responsibilities:
1. Answers and screens incoming telephone calls; follows through with appropriate action.
2. Pages authorized personnel.
3. Monitors alarms.
4. Responds appropriately to emergency signals including but not limited to fire, stats, and Code Blue.
5. Distributes and maintains all pocket pagers.
6. Provides hospital answering service and maintains an accurate on-call schedule
7. Telephone Operations
8. Emergency Codes, Medical Codes, and Maintenance Alarms
9. Pocket Pagers and Overhead Announcements
10. Answering Service and On-call Schedules
11. Miscellaneous Responsibilities
12. Other duties as required.
Other information:Technical Expertise
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Excel, Word or similar software is required. Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required
FTE: 1.000000 Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more:
Position: IT IS