* Bachelor's degree in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in advocating for customer needs.
* Experience with distributed, columnar and/or analytic oriented databases or distributed data processing frameworks.
* Experience with open source distributed storage and processing utilities in the Apache Hadoop family and/or workflow orchestration products.
* Experience with machine learning technologies, including developing and/or training models or implementing solutions which rely on invoking such models.
* Excellent troubleshooting, attention to detail, and communication skills in a fast-paced setting.
* Understanding of TCP/IP concepts, Unix/Linux basic administration and commands, and basic web technologies.
* Background in data analytics, warehousing, ETL development, data science or other Big Data applications.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business - all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers - developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies - see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Our Technical Solutions Engineers lead and own our largest and most important customer issues in addition to providing level two support to our other support teams. You will be a part of a global team that provides support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud.
You'll troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. Our Technical Solutions team is focused on the customer, and you will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers issues.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations' ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology - all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
* Manage the customer's problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
* Develop an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis.
* Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
* Work as part of a team of Engineers/Consultants that globally ensure customer support. This will include a need to sometimes work non-standard work hours or shifts.
* Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams, like product and engineering, to find ways to improve the product and drive high-quality production.