* Bachelor's degree or relevant practical experience.
* 5 years of experience managing projects.
* Experience in an analytical role, working with data to identify trends and make recommendations.
* MBA degree or equivalent technical degree, or technical experience/aptitude.
* Experience successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams, influencing at all levels.
* Ability to take initiative and responsibility for projects and see them through to completion.
* Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills.
About the job
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you'll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish - working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Technical Program Manager for Google Cloud Infrastructure Computing Resource Management, you will be central to the advancement of Google's mission. On a daily basis you will be responsible for coordinating across all of Google's Engineering teams, to solve some of the most challenging and novel problems in cloud computing. You will work directly with Google's Supply Chain, Data Center Infrastructure, Networking, and Software Engineering teams to design and deliver the future state of computing resource management within Google. Your charter will include the automation of compute resource allocation to all software engineering initiatives at Google, the balancing of resource distribution against supply chain, data center infrastructure, network, shared service, and budgetary constraints.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations' ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology - all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
* Support operations and analytic projects related to the allocation and budgeting of internal computing resources and driving efficiency programs.
* Support subsequent operations and analytic projects related to billing, service fulfillment, internal chargeback and price modeling, supply chain management, and capacity planning needs for compute and storage resources.
* Play a key role in the advancement of strategy, policy, and supporting tools for operations. Provide direct scripting/tool development as well as requirements documentation as necessary.
* Work with partner teams to launch and deliver projects related to data architecture and process re-design around demand and supply-side compute resource management.