Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join us on the Amazon EMR team in Amazon Web Services!
Amazon EMR is a web service which enables customers to run massive clusters with open-source data processing frameworks like Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, HBase and more, with the ability to effortlessly scale up and down as needed. We run large number of customer clusters, enabling a variety of customer use cases including analytics and web-scale machine learning.
We are developing innovative new features including our next-generation cluster management system, improvements for real-time processing of big data, and ways to enable customers to more easily interact with their data. We're looking for top engineers to build them from the ground up.
You will work backwards from the customer needs and you will get to do everything from designing and building large scale systems and cutting-edge features for the savviest customers in the business. You will have a chance to work with the open source community and contribute significant portions its software to open source projects including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto and HBase. You need to not only be a top software developer with excellent programming skills, an understanding of distributed systems and parallel data processing, and a stellar record of delivery but also excel at leadership and customer obsession and have a real passion for massive-scale computing. If you want to truly test your mettle against the hardest challenges in distributed systems to build solutions for large scale problems in a wide variety of domains, come join our group. Your responsibilities will include:
· Designing and building the next-generation technologies that will make EMR the best environment to run large-scale data processing workloads.
· Working on complex problems in distributed systems and query engines.
· Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
· Deliver systems and features with top-notch quality, on time.
· Own the software development process end-to-end, including: working with engineers and product managers to develop requirements; designing, architecting, planning, implementing, and testing new systems and features; deploying, and operating the production EMR systems.
By joining our team, you will get to work with a minimum of technical supervision, while playing a variety of roles as needed to respond efficiently to multiple program priorities. You will get to collaborate with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and agile work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing team and one of the most innovative technology companies - but most of all, you will get the satisfaction of making products that millions use everyday to great effect!
For more information: - AWS Big Data Blog:
· AWS EMR:
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience designing and building highly-scaled distributed systems and web services
· Proficiency in high-performance, multi-threaded programming
· Knowledge of Big Data application such as Spark and Presto
· Knowledge of Container Platforms such as Docker and related technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit