Apple's GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Apple Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the frameworks, developer tools, and device drivers for the GPU and Display on all Apple hardware.
We are seeking a dedicated Software Engineer with the skills to build and support our GPU Driver and Compiler stack. We need someone who is passionate about building innovative products and has a strong background building high performance, production quality software on an aggressive schedule.
* Experience with development on OSX, iOS, or UNIX.
* Knowledge of SQL databases (e.g. MariaDB or Postgres) or NoSQL databases, indexing and caching (e.g. Cassandra, HBase, ElasticSearch, Solr, or Redis)
* Knowledge of REST API design and implementation
* Knowledge of automated build systems, source control, and compiler concepts
* Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
* Self-motivated and pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
* An ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
* Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as an ability to use them to collaborate on complex, cross-functional projects
The GPU Software Engineering team is looking for a detail oriented, energetic problem solver with engineering experience/education, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong work ethic. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining builds and supporting infrastructure within the team. Communicating across teams from QA to development and identifying solutions to improve workflows is part of regular day to day responsibilities.
Job Responsibilities to include many of the following: - Performing daily software builds for Graphics Driver and Tool products - Troubleshooting and resolving complex software integration issues - Developing tools and processes to improve and automate build system workflow - Building apps that analyze and visualize results of automated build and testing - Working cross-functionally with development, management, and QA teams across GPUSW to enable projects and execution - Maintaining and integrating automation tools
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in EE, CS, or related field or relevant experience.