Who We Are
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world's streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world's top consumer brands, we're working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We're individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.Meet The Team
Building a self-driving vehicle requires gathering a huge amount of data from our real-world test fleet driving on city streets and recording everything the car does into vehicle logs. These logs are critical to building a self-driving vehicle, whether the data is being used for training purposes or to validate the safety of Argo's latest self-driving system.
The Log Applications team builds the tools that enable Argo teams to manage and process vehicle logs at PB scale. We own understanding the events in the data and driving workflows for the training, simulation and evaluation of the self driving system at scale. The team sits between the processed vehicle logs from the car and the AV teams AI models.
This position can be based in Palo Alto, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Austin, or for the right applicant remote within the US.What You'll Do
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Lead technically to define/clarify requirements and develop solutions to ambiguous problems spanning multiple Argo systems/teams
- Design and implement the backend systems that enable Argo teams to manage and process large amounts of stored logs.
- Write robust, well-tested, maintainable and well-crafted code
- Develop broad understanding of production systems and connect dots across them to ensure performance, scalability and reliability as the amount of data to process continues to grow rapidly
- Work closely with a broad range of Argo teams, including engineers working on the self-driving system and the operations teams that validate the self-driving system
- Establish engineering best practices and mentor other engineers on the team
- Engage deeply with customers, participate in quarterly planning and establishing vision for the team
- Evaluate new technologies and approaches to continuously provide improved solutions to customers across the company
Nice To Haves
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software skills in Java and Python
- Experience leading and driving complex initiatives across multiple teams
- Experience designing and implementing high throughput and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with relational databases
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, as you'll be working with many other teams to determine requirements and design solutions
- Strong engineering judgement: You understand how to scope solutions to produce a high volume of quality work with maximum value
What We Offer You
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, and similar products
- Experience in an agile software environment
- Experience with Airflow, Elasticsearch, or Golang
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world's leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.