Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's Electrophysiology and Heart Failure (EPHF) division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Staff Software Engineer - iOS and Android Mobile Applications
We are looking for experienced, high caliber Staff Software Engineer to join our Cloud and Mobile Engineering Team. As part of this team, you will be responsible for design and development of next generation Mobile Apps used by Patients and Clinicians for Cloud-based Remote Patient Monitoring system.
This team is part of a culturally diverse global team sharing the same goal, and is comprised of highly skilled, experienced, motivated, ever-curious, and thus ever-learning individuals. As part of this team, you will design, develop, and document software applications used to process and display medical device data.
* Contribute to all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle
* Responsible for driving detailed design and implementation in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
* Provide day-to-day technical leadership; leverage professional experience to recommend best practices, systems, and architectures
* Participate in code reviews and create documentation on engineering and cross-functional practices.
* Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams including UX, Regulatory, and program management
* Debug, troubleshoot and isolate software problems as well as offers strategic solutions, analysis, and advice regarding identified issues for future development
* Deliver value through a strong collaborative approach spanning many teams across geographies
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Information Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* At least 8 years of experience designing, developing, unit testing, and deploying iOS and Android based solutions using common standards and frameworks
* Can develop for both major platforms (iOS, Android) natively and experience with cross-platform mobile technology (React Native/ Flutter)
* Experienced with all phases of app development - from prototyping to publishing to the App Store or Google Play
* Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server-side systems
* Interest and experience in backend development and developing microservices/APIs to provide data for mobile clients is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
* Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
* Student Loan Repayment Assistance
* Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
* Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
* Paid time off
* 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
* The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on