What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Staff Software Engineer - AI/ML Platform SolutionsResponsibilities
- Contributing to the architecture and design of the overall AI solutions platform.
- Technical Leadership in building AI/ML solutions developed for performance and designing them for scalability.
- Developing Bare Metal and/or Linux drivers for AI/ML acceleration engines using Xilinx SOCs.
- Developing Heterogeneous system solutions for Asynchronous Multi-processing platforms.
- Evaluating AI solutions developed by Xilinx and performing comparative analysis against other industry solutions.
- Developing debug and performance analysis tools and infrastructure for AI solution development.
- Work with different teams to identify problems and create solutions
- Delivering software solutions in line with product roadmap on time with high quality.
- Involved in cross function team interaction and engagement with various key player and stakeholders in the organization.
- Play a role in all the phases of software development, from requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and final release to customers.
- Provide clear and timely communication related to status and other key aspects of the project to leadership team.
- Responsible for working with customers and internal support teams for resolving critical customer escalations on need basis.
- Work with management team on project planning activities - creating project plans/schedule, risk analysis and mitigation, etc. for the projects you are working on.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle stages - design, implementation, documentation and testing of software code implementing product features and requirements
- Willingness to learn skills, tools and methods to advance the quality, consistency, and timeliness of Xilinx software products.
Requisition Numbe r:
- BS with 8+ years of related experience or MS with 6+ years of related experience or PhD with 3+ years of related experience in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related equivalent.
- Expert in C and nice-to-have experience with C++.
- Experience in architecting, designing and implementing complex heterogenous or multi-processor system.
- Hands-on experience working with ARM SoCs and Embedded systems.
- Expertise in Embedded systems and Linux kernel/driver development for multi-processor heterogeneous systems.
- Experience working on baremetal/OS development - with eye towards memory footprint, determinism, functional safety and security.
- Familiarity with FPGA programming and hardware-software co- design is nice-to-have.
- Knowledge of AI/ML frameworks like Caffe, Tensor flow, Theano, MXNet, etc. in preferred.
- Understanding of AI application stacks including OpenCV, OpenCL, OpenVX, etc.is preferred.
- Knowledge of Acceleration platforms like GPU, TPU, APU, FPGAs in preferred
United States State:
San JoseJob Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.