Voice Engineer/VoIP Specialist, Sr. (Active Secret Clearance Required)
Honolulu, HI (will require travel to various customer locations in Hawaii)
Pay: $70.00 to $90.00/hour (commensurate with experience)
Our client is seeking a senior VoIP / Voice Engineer to support their major federal DoD program initiative within the Pacific Rim DoD locations in Hawaii. The role will primarily sit in Honolulu, HI but will require travel to/from various other sites in Hawaii to support the installation, maintenance and upgrades of various Voice Over Internet Protocol systems that are mission-critical for the military and communications, etc. This person will need to come with strong experience supporting Voice Engineering/VoIP initiatives in a similar military or defense setting.
- The Sr. Voice Engineer is responsible for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) engineering on-site
- This person will be heading up the installation of the VoIP systems, will be providing oversight, performing system configurations, handling testing, system migration(s), and system cutover
- Will provide engineering oversight, system installation, and will be responsible for the configuration, testing, and cutover of the new VoIP system(s) at each site.
- Demonstrable expertise and experience in the designing, installation, and management/maintenance and troubleshooting for the VoIP network systems and supporting end customers ( like DoD clients) maintenance personnel.
- Works includes remote engineering preparation and
- Willingness to travel around Hawaii to complete installations, configuration efforts, necessary testing, and system cutover for customer acceptance.
- MUST HAVE an ACTIVE SECRET Clearance
- Past DoD experience and experience working to support secured environments
- Strong documentation and ability to communicate fluidly in both written/verbal fashions. Role will be requiring that this person create and update detailed technical documents.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Visio & Microsoft Word is required.
- Cisco UCS Servers: BE7M, C-240 and C-220
- CIMC configuration and troubleshooting hardware issues
- Experience cabling and porting channels
- Virtualization Experience, need someone who can configure ESXi 6.7 and 7.0 to include: Vswitch, deployment of OVAs and installation of SSL certs
- Cisco Communications Manager Version 12.5
- Experience with Analog Gateways, using SCCP
- Any experience wWorking with Cisco Smart Licensing
- Seeking someone who's worked on Cisco Unity Connection - Version 12.5
- Experience with the setup and configuration of Dual HA Cluster(s)
- Someone who is versed in setting up users and auto attendants
- Experience with SIP Trunking Integration with CUCM
- Can perform the Installation of SSL certs
- Experience with Cisco UCCX - 12.5
- Understanding of the setup of the following: Agents, Teams, Skills, Queues
- Configuring trustpoints and installing the SSL Certs
- The environment is encrypted from signaling and SRTP, so with that being said, it is VERY important to have worked in a secure environment
- Understanding of SSL certificates and how to create CSRs and ultimately install them
- Solid understanding of VLANs and IP Addressing
- Switching, Routers/Switches
- LAN Cabling expertience
- At least 5 years' experience in Voice engineering, performing installations, and managing /troubleshooting VoIP system
- Minimum of 10 years' experience facility modernization work or system projects of similar scope and complexity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Required CERTIFICATIONS: Cisco CCNA Collaboration - MUST HAVE, Cisco CCNP
- CCX Scripting a plus
- Desired Certs: CCVP and/or CCIE
- Past work experience in the Hawaii area(s) / understanding of the geography, etc.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at -