At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Sonos needs high-energy, innovative engineers to help fuel our rocketing success. We are setting new standards for the audio industry and reshaping the way consumers engage with music. As a quality engineering leader, you will be responsible for the software that our customers interact with every day. You'll be applying your creativity and engineering skills to help build brand new, robust, feature sets that enable customers to configure their systems and control the content that they listen to.
An ideal candidate will be highly customer focused, data driven, passionate about quality and have a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations and various disciplines. In addition, the ideal candidate is someone who loves to code and will have a proven track record of developing and using telemetry to improve quality. They should be a technical leader capable of driving product instrumentation and automation strategies with a data driven quality approach.
What You'll Do
- Engage your feature team and act as the voice of the customer and quality organization during the development process
- Lead, manage, mentor and grow a world class test team
- Participate in the planning process for new features and initiatives
- Champion and lead software telemetry efforts to understand real-world usage and performance that drives product improvements
- Deliver efficient and thorough automated testing and framework support
- Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews
- Be a strong advocate for testability, identifying, and reducing risk areas during the development process
What You'll Need
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 7+ years overall hands-on engineering experience with 2+ years of software leadership
- Experience programming with Python or C/C++
- Experience testing wireless applications
- Track record of successfully leading projects and people
- Experience in developing/delivering software for networking devices, including analytics, especially in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular or other wireless domains
- Solid understanding of the challenges of wireless applications and technologies
- Experience with embedded products (e.g, linux, RTOS, bare metal)
- 2+ years technical leadership experience in wireless networking, systems, and software
- Solid understanding of automation
- Experience in data telemetry and analysis, and experience using Tableau and Kibana is a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience to recruit, mentor, motivate and grow your team
- Experience in managing people, including performance management as well as supporting career growth for team members
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
This role can be done from home
Building the world's leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That's why we've been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the United States - any of our offices, or remotely from home. It's about impact, not location
Your profile will be reviewed and you'll hear from us once we have an update. At Sonos we take the time to hire right and appreciate your patience.
Notice to U.S.