For over a decade, our clients in aviation and maritime have used our technology-driven products and services to keep their passengers entertained and connected to the things they love, from anywhere in the world. Brands such as Southwest Airlines, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Emirates and Celebrity Cruises have trusted us to provide solutions from high-speed broadband internet to movies, television and games.
Our team of global experts take pride in providing clients what they need today while creating a strategic road map for tomorrow through reliable, scalable, and affordable content and connectivity solutions designed to meet the ever-changing technology needs of our clients' passengers and guests. Be Part of the Movement
Anuvu is embarking on a new chapter with a new story to tell. As one of the leading providers of high-speed connectivity and entertainment solutions for worldwide mobility markets, we deliver what customers need today, while remaining flexible and future-focused. Role Summary
The Satellite Capacity and Regulatory Engineer is responsible for managing leased capacity to achieve the highest efficiency and optimization of Anuvu's global network and for managing the regulatory aspects of satellite services to secure licenses foreign and domestic. At a senior level the expectation is to require little guidance and be able to complete the assigned tasks in a timely manner and provide updates or summaries to enable decision making by managers as required. Must be able to lead and propose improvements, multitasking is a must. Must be able to communicate with peers to provide or get support as needed. Must have not only a strong technical background but also understanding of business/financial implications of the assigned tasks. These activities will directly impact customer services, revenues and utilization of satellite capacity resources.
Location: Anywhere in the U.S
Remote Options: 100% remote What You'll Be Doing
Main responsibilities and tasks in this role are the following:
- Provide RF transmission plans and satellite analysis to determine the capacity needed for setting up services
- Define technical and operational characteristics of the carriers and ensure that they are compatible in terms of technology, interference and hardware to draw up the transmission plans.
- Link budget calculations and verification for all company verticals.
- Maintain and update changes in Anuvu's Satellite Capacity database systems.
- Maintain and update changes in Anuvu's Regulatory Licenses database systems
- Keep accurate, detailed and timely network documentation as well as develop standard operational procedures.
- Understand and help design mobility networks for maritime, land and aviation services.
- Interface with Satellite Capacity vendors for new services, problem resolution and escalations.
- Provide solutions considering appropriate redundancy, availability scalability, security, and manageability requirements needed for the continuing success of Anuvu's satellite network.
- Lead projects assigned by management by planning actions, resource allocation and monitoring progress.
- Be a liaison between Vendors and several Operation's teams ensuring timely delivery of information for all satellite services.
- Develop projects and analyze opportunities for optimize satellite capacity (land base, maritime and aero).
- Lead the interface with Regulatory Entities; foreign and domestic, to secure Licenses (research and request information, fill out forms, apply for License).
- Solely responsible for researching, understanding, and compiling specific country requirements for each type of license.
- Manage Frequency License information (records, forms, expiration dates, cost and contacts) using current files and or new database that may be created.
- Manage each assignment as an individual project taking full ownership until its completion.
- Understand risk and risk mitigation.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or similar technical degree or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years work experience in satellite communications.
- Analytical & task oriented
- Proven ability to work under pressure and multitasking environment
- Problem solving & strategic thinking
- Knowledge of Satellite link budget analysis is a must.
- Strong knowledge of VSAT, modems, antennas and general RF theory required.
- Knowledge of Satellite Terminals (HPA, BUC, LNB/LNA) concepts.
- Knowledge of satellite systems and ground architecture.
- Relevant knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint)
- iDirect technology knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of FCC licensing processes
- Knowledge of ITU regulations and standards
The Benefits of Working Here
- Ability to work well with other departments.
- Ability to work independently under general guidance and deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Leadership and communication skills
A career with Anuvu is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a casual culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to a providing an outstanding work environment, we offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, employee assistance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more! Advanced | Agile | Applied
Anuvu is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Let Innovation Move You.