US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Top Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Create and manage system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Negotiate requirements with the customer. Plan the verification program. Develop CONOPS. Perform System Analysis. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
* Creates system requirements and manages requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under self direction using established guidelines for a large project.
* Manages original and revised specification/interface definition documents for a large project.
* Creates, and manages and approves the requirements verification methods and database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
* Creates and modifies project level management tracking reports.
* Directs and supports proposal-writing efforts or authors sections/volumes for Systems Engineering for a project.
* Provides data to and manages risk management (identifies potential risks and develops mitigation strategies) and trade study processes for a significant portion of a project.
* Creates and manages changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture descriptions under self direction using established guidelines.
* Creates and manages System Representations under self direction using established guidelines.
* Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation. Provide program management office and mission planning/operations support.
* Leads a team for system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, major failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations.
* Leads the creation of and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under self direction using established guidelines.
* Leads development of system and subsystem architectures(s), system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
* Leads and directs the testing and/or evaluation/validation of complete system and subsystem analytical models or actual system implementation.
* Directs and Runs existing system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to collect data under self direction using established guidelines.
* Leads, prepares and presents system engineering materials during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review and other formal program reviews.
* Leads and prepares trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
* Provides IPT leadership and primary interface to customer for System Engineering Activities.
* Performs and manages cost estimates and project planning for a significant portion of larger project. Acts as CAM and performs EVMS tracking for a significant portion of a large project.
* BS Degree in Engineering & 9 years experience or Masters in Engineering & 7 years
* Must have U.S. Citizenship with current or active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
* Space Systems knowledge; Understanding of cradle to grave space mission knowledge
* Experience as a task/ team lead or role of a cognizant engineer for a flight component or subsystem
* Experience with system engineering requirement tools (Cradle, CORE or DOORS) and processes
* Experience in requirements development and management processes
* Experience in development and maintenance of interface control documents and related processes
* Experience in space system testing and evaluation (flight and ground testing)
* Experience with various technical analysis tools such as MATLAB, STK, MBSE
* Experience in any of the following areas is also desired: orbital mechanics, orbital debris modeling, spacecraft attitude control, power systems and modeling, avionics or digital electronics design, risk analysis, optics, communications, rocket propulsion, thermal engineering, or spacecraft integration and testing
* Experience with Mission Operations for spacecraft
* Knowledge of Launch Vehicles, System Safety, System Reliability, Contamination Control, EMI, Space Environments (Radiation, Surface Charging, etc.), and Human Factors is also desired.
* Experience and/or training in project scheduling Earned Value Management Systems
Salary Range: $108,600.00 - $163,000.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.