US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Top Secret
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Position will support the ESPAStar line of spacecraft products as a payload systems engineer. The specific responsibilities of this position will be to manage the technical and functional interfaces of one or more hosted payload to the bus system. Work products include Development of port-specific ICD's and managing giver-receiver materials, review and approval of bus accommodation documents, development of functional and performance test scripts with the payload vendor, identification and tailoring of mechanical and environmental constraints and requirements. Analysis roles include supporting the science, experiment, and mission planning for the payload. Position will evaluate mission performance and orbital operation of the payload(s).
General Job Responsibilities
* Creates system requirements and manages both requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under self direction using established guidelines for a small project.
* Creates and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition documents for a project and expedites documents through signature approval process.
* Creates and manages the requirements verification methods and database provided to the customer, to ensure data products are current, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
* Creates and modifies project level management tracking reports.
* Participates and supports proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering for a portion of a project.
* Provides data to and manages risk management (identifies potential risks and develops mitigation strategies)and trade study processes for a portion of a project.
* Creates and manages changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture descriptions under self direction using established guidelines.
* Creates and manages System Representations under self direction using established guidelines.
* Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
* Leads aspects of system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, major failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations.
* Creates and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under self direction using established guidelines. Can identify issues with model.
* Defines and Develop system and subsystem architectures(s), system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
* Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
* Directs and Runs existing system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to collect data under self direction using established guidelines.
* Prepare and present materials during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
* Leads and prepares trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
* Performs cost estimates and project planning for a portion of larger project.
* BS in STEM Science Technology Engineering Math or related field & 9 years in systems engineering or Masters in STEM Science Technology Engineering Math or related field & 7 years experience
* Must have U.S. Citizenship with active or current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
* Active or current Top Secret clearance with SCI
* Experience with space development program
* Experience with working with a cross-discipline team
* Experience with payload interfaces
* Identifying Verification Methods for requirements
Salary Range: $125,800.00 - $188,600.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.