About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.Principal Responsibilities/Requirements:
Primary candidate has techno-functional knowledge and experience in Information Security domain involving undertakings and projects focusing on data security activities. This includes prior contributions to the strategic direction of data security programs, working knowledge of, and experience with the development and enterprise-wide implementation of end-to-end DLP tools (in particular scanning tools) and processes, as well as data security best practices.
- Evaluates current enterprise security posture and recommends or leads strategic development of risk mitigation for data protection
- Provides advanced advisory services as a data security SME whom liaisons between the data protection organization and other stakeholders through both formal and ad-hoc enquiries.
- Develop, socialize, maintain, and interpret complex data security governance elements (e.g., policy, standard, TOM, procedures) that define data security requirements.
- Contributes to the optimization, execution, and maintenance of a data security program elements, especially those involving business processes, repeatable methods, automation, and measurements needed for a viable risk-based data security program.
- Works with information security management frameworks (i.e., ISO 2700X, NIST CSF, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls, etc.)
- Responds both verbally, and in writing, to complex enquiries and new periodic exams from both internal partners (e.g., legal, compliance, audit, risk) and external partners (e.g., regulators, external auditors, third-parties). This also includes prior experience in optimisation and execution methods to improve future responses to such enquiries, as well as prior experience providing peer-review of such responses.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with information security scanning technologies; configuration and execution (8 years+)
- Current knowledge of recent Information Security and Data Protection technologies and Frameworks (Cloud, DevOps, Micro services, Spring, React, REST etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert experience with report visualization (Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills
- Ability to work autonomously, under pressure, and to prioritize tasks
- CISSP, CISM, or other information security certifications
- Experience with computer languages (SQL Query, Python, etc.)
Vast working knowledge of Business Process ManagementWorking with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay ReviewWork Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer DaysHealth & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance ProgramProfessional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.