&lang=enSr Big Data DevelopertrueSr Big Data DeveloperUS-IL-BloomingtonUS-IL-BloomingtonUS-GA-Alpharetta, US-RemoteUS-GA-Alpharetta, US-Remote
At COUNTRY Financial, our Sr Big Data Developer will be part of the Technology Data Engineering and Analytics Team, focused on enabling Business Partners as they mature their use of data and analytics in driving daily and strategic decisions. On this highly collaborative team, you will help mature the data lake and other foundational platforms used for data science, advanced analytics, reporting, as well as critical business operations.
Objectives of this Role:
• Develop, validate, and implement data pipelines that extract, transform and/or load data; creating useful and valuable information assets that inform the organization and assist in achieving both operational and strategic goals.
• Partner with Architect(s), Platform Engineer(s), and Data Engineer(s) to ensure quality and comprehensiveness of solution designs
• Deliver effective and agile solutions for ingesting, storing, processing and analyzing large data sets
• Create scalable and high-performance web services for tracking and monitoring the data
• Translate complex technical and functional requirements into detailed designs
• Investigate and analyze alternative solutions to data storing, processing etc. to ensure most streamlined approaches are implemented
• Serve as a mentor to junior staff by conducting technical training sessions and reviewing project outputs
• Lead efforts for validation of technical solutions, partnering with necessary Teams from across the Technology organization
• Partner with vendor App Dev Teams to deliver technical solutions in a manner that iteratively delivers value to business partners
This position offers a hybrid work schedule and can be based out of our corporate offices in Bloomington, IL or Alpharetta, GA. Full-time remote work is also an option, based on candidate location.
How does a Sr Big Data Developer make an impact?
- Designs solutions after gathering business and technical requirements.
- Develops software solutions that are high performing and meet technical standards.
- Supports testing and problem solving/debugging of solutions.
- Implements software solutions following best practices.
Do you have what we're looking for?
- Strong Experience in Python, Spark and Hive.
- Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling techniques.
- Solid understanding of the Azure Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge on streaming frameworks like Kafka.
- Knowledge of core Java, Linux, SQL, and any scripting language.
- Strong DevSecOps understanding and usage of Git.
- Good interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Experience working with offshore vendor-base development teams.
- Experience with agile delivery methods (Scaled Agile preferred).
- This is a senior level professional role, which typically requires 5 years of relevant experience. This could also be filled as an intermediate level professional role, which typically requires 2 years of relevant experience. This could also be filled as a consultant level professional role, which typically requires 8 years of relevant experience and subject-matter expertise.
Why work with us?
Our employees and representatives serve nearly one million households with our diverse range of personal and business insurance products as well as retirement and investment services. We build relationships and work together to create a stronger, more secure future for our clients and our communities. We're a big company, yet small enough you can make an impact and won't get lost in the shuffle. You'll have the opportunity to learn and grow throughout your career, either within this role or by exploring other areas of our business.
You'll be able to take advantage of our benefits package, which includes insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life), 401(k) with company match, parental leave, paid time off, paid company holidays and time off to volunteer in your community. Please click here to learn more about who we are and the many benefits we offer our employees.
COUNTRY Financial is committed to providing equal opportunity in all areas of employment, and in providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
Come join our team at COUNTRY today!
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
falsetrue152702falseSubmission for the position: Sr Big Data Developer - (Job Number: 220349)false&lang=enSr Big Data Developertrue' );