Meta is seeking Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineers to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate will have industry experience building ML infrastructure for a range of classification and optimization problems, e.g., payment fraud, click-through rate prediction, click-fraud detection, search ranking, text/sentiment classification, collaborative filtering/recommendation, or spam detection. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to some of the most exciting and massive social data and prediction problems that exist on the web.
Software Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure Responsibilities:
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g., distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining, artificial intelligence, software engineering, or a relevant field, or 3+ years of experience if you have a PhD
- Proven experience to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with developing and debugging in Python, Java, C/C++ or equivalent programming languages
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .