* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 2 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
* 2 years of experience with data structures or algorithms in either an academic or industry setting.
* Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical fields.
* 2 years of experience building and developing large-scale infrastructure, distributed systems or networks, and/or experience with compute technologies, storage, and/or hardware architecture.
* Experience developing accessible technologies.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The web is what you make of it and our team is helping the world make more of the web. From open-source pros to user-experience extraordinaires, we develop products that help users connect, communicate and collaborate with others. Our consumer products and cloud platforms are giving millions of users at homes, businesses, universities and nonprofits around the world the tools that shape their web experience -- and changing the way they think about computing.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $142,000 - $153,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
* Write product or system development code.
* Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
* Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
* Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
* Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality.