MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
Software Engineer (AI/ML Specialist)
Salary: up to £70,000 (doe) + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically, 2 days per week from home.
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Engineer with experience of developing full life cycle AI/ML solutions to join a world leader in missile and missile systems.
As fantastic opportunity for a versatile Software Engineer with a strong background in developing artificial intelligence, machine learning solutions and algorithms.
This is a hands-on role working to develop, optimise and transfer to production advanced machine-learning algorithms, which tackle real world problems.
As an AI/ML Software specialist, you will be a key member of the team working closely with Software Project Leads and others to develop leading edge SW products. Involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, creating strong working relationships with other functions (e.g. systems, algorithms, electronics, security, manufacturing, etc.) to develop and optimise AI software systems.
What we're looking for from you:
- Experience of designing, developing and deploying AI based systems for Real Time Embedded systems.
- Develop and maintain architecture using AP frameworks.
- Developing API's that are scalable, flexible and reliable.
- Use Docker technology to create deployable AI models
- Test and deploy models
- Low level debugging
- Hands-on software design and development experience on complex embedded computing platforms for hard real time systems
- Mathematical/algorithmic and data wrangling knowledge.
- Working knowledge of multi-core processor architecture & micro-architecture.
- Experience of development of high quality, high performance software utilising capability of underlying hardware platform.
- Expertise in programming C and C ,and Python
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning frameworks, such as ONNX / PyTorch / TensorFlow.
- Experience of embedded RTOS.
- Experience using a variety of software development tools e.g. IBM ETW, Rhapsody, DOORS NG, Jenkins, Artifactory and Sonarqube.
- Solid understanding of the fundamental concepts and principles behind machine learning.
- While not crucial experience of safety-critical standards (DO-178C) would be beneficial.
What's in it for you?
- We offer an environment for Software Engineers to thrive and innovate allowing both personal and technical development.
- We offer both technical and leadership career progression within the Software Engineering department with a wide range of future progressive roles such as Software Technical Support, Software Architect and Software Project Leader.
- The opportunity to work a range of latest software technologies that are leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products.
- Potential to work on research and development programmes using new technologies, learning and building new skills.
- We are a strong cohesive team, which is interactive and passionate about software technologies and development.
What to expect!
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.