Who we are & why we're hiring
Twilio powers Real Time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although were headquartered in San Francisco, were on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and were looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the role
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio IoT team is a startup inside the greater Twilio focused on IoT and wireless solutions. We are the wireless sensors and automation that connect the Twilio Customer Engagement Platform to the physical world.
The Twilio IoT Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the IoT team that is facilitating creators of connected devices to be successful. Solution Engineers are responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio IoT solutions, which results in customer success post-sale. The Solution Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions.
In this role, you'll:
- Help customers achieve success by leading the technical and product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, and guiding them on how to use Twilio's APIs.
- Owns the technical sales process from qualification to technical win by performing excellent discovery and helping demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate, and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success.
- Takes the initiative to identify and solve problem - both for the customer and within the organization as we grow
- Builds highly interactive and engaging customer demonstrations while forming strong customer relationships
We are looking for an individual who has a passion and domain expertise in cellular networks, modules & infrastructure. Success in this role requires a willingness to embrace ambiguity and propose innovative solutions to problems that may never have been solved before. Solutions Engineers at Twilio are involved in all stages of the customer's product development lifecycle. They are comfortable using presentations, sample code and remote consultation to guide customers along their journey. We are looking for someone who can understand the goals of prospective customers and create content that resonates with developers, Product Managers and C-level executives.
Twilio is looking for an IoT Solution Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 5+ years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products
- 3+ years experience providing mobility or IOT solutions in a pre-sales capacity
- Passionate and demonstrable skills across the entire tech stack (hardware, operating systems, networking, Front End and Back End software development)
- Ability to build a deep understanding of a customer's communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Previous technical pre-sales experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs (backend or frontend)
- Experience with cellular networking, mobile application development, or field force automation (MDM, FFA, etc )
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Hardware assembly and configuration on IOT builder platforms (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Electric Imp, etc )
- Previous experience using modems, AT commands, and serial interfaces for comms
- Previous experience in Telecom, Enterprise Mobility, or Wireless Security
This role will be remote, based in the USA.
Approximately 30% travel is anticipated, once safe to do so.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. Thats why we seek out colleagues who embody our values - something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if youre ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $106,600 - $133,200
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan.
The successful candidate's starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.