At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Sonos needs high-energy, innovative engineers to help fuel our rocketing success. We are setting new standards for the audio industry and reshaping the way consumers engage with music. As a quality engineering leader, you will be responsible for the software that our customers interact with every day. You'll be applying your creativity and engineering skills to help build brand new, robust, feature sets that enable customers to configure their systems and control the content that they listen to.
An ideal candidate will be highly customer focused, data driven, passionate about quality and have a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations and various disciplines. In addition, the ideal candidate is someone who loves to code and will have a proven track record of developing and using telemetry to improve quality. They should be a technical leader capable of driving product instrumentation and automation strategies with a data driven quality approach.
What You'll Do
* Engage your feature team and act as the voice of the customer and quality organization during the development process
* Lead, manage, mentor and grow a world class test team
* Participate in the planning process for new features and initiatives
* Champion and lead software telemetry efforts to understand real-world usage and performance that drives product improvements
* Deliver efficient and thorough automated testing and framework support
* Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization
* Conduct and participate in design and code reviews
* Be a strong advocate for testability, identifying, and reducing risk areas during the development process
What You'll Need
* 5+ years overall experience with at least 2 years of SW leadership
* Experience programming with of one or more of the following languages - C/C++, Java, Objective-C, Python
* Experience developing and testing mobile applications
* Track record of successfully leading projects and people
* Experience or exposure to testing distributed systems
* Tableau, Kibana, DataDog and other system reliability and quality tracking tools
* Knowledge of CI/CD working with mobile based architecture
Your profile will be reviewed and you'll hear from us once we have an update. At Sonos we take the time to hire right and appreciate your patience.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.