Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM's vision to life every day.
Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. Pandora provides consumers with a uniquely-personalized music and podcast listening experience with its proprietary Music Genome Project® and Podcast Genome Project® technology. Pandora is available through its mobile app, the web, and integrations with more than 2,000 connected products.
This position is open for Remote work.
In this role, you will collaborate with our backend, product, and quality engineering partners to ensure we're building and delivering the best data products for our stakeholders. You will also be required to assemble and work with large, complex sets of data and provide guidance to the business by transforming functional requests into holistic engineering designs for the team to implement.
You will be able to work effectively cross-functionally in a data-centric reporting team, listen, share, be thorough, clear/concise and think ahead with respect to decisions and insights. It is important to have a balance of creativity and simplicity plus an understanding of pragmatism and perfectionism to adequately support product, design, and our users. You bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to tackle problems at scale. You are highly motivated and bring an attitude of personal responsibility and technical leadership to the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Refine business requirements.
* Build and ultimately own the eventual, well-designed solution.
* Write maintainable, self-documenting code.
* Perform code reviews.
* Participate in design discussions.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field, or equivalent and related experience, in lieu of degree.
* 5+ years' experience in backend development and/or Big Data management and solutions.
* Understanding of high performance and distributed databases, and experience with building real world robust applications.
* Experience applying modern software development methodologies, including unit testing, build automation, code reviews, etc.
* Strong experience with advanced SQL and/or NoSQL distributed databases (Postgres, Redis, NoSQL, or NewSQL).
* Significant experience working with Big Data technologies & platforms such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, Airflow, and GCP.
* Experience with RESTful API development best practices.
* Experience developing API design, system design, and object-oriented design.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Flexible to work across different time zones.
* Collaborative and communicative.
* Bring thoughtful perspective, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude, to tackle problems at scale.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
More details about our company benefits can be found !
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.