Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) is 5G, delivering physical, virtual and cloud-native 5G infrastructure and customer premise networking for high-speed data and multi-service communications networks. Our core and edge convergence technology enables public and private networks for both communications service providers and enterprises. Casa Systems products deliver higher performance, improved network flexibility and scalability, increased operational efficiency and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). Commercially deployed in more than 70 countries, Casa serves over 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer (Platform 5G Core) to join our team based at our corporate headquarters in Andover, MA, USA, which is located approximately 30-minutes north of Boston.
As a member of our elite development team, the Senior Software Engineer will impact the organization by focusing on 5G Core microservices platform development, and providing and maintaining a robust integrated platform utilized by all product teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, integrate, debug and maintain software code for platform services and common frameworks for Kubernetes native microservices deployments of all 5G Core components.
- Design and document platform architecture components.
- Influence the overall design of the Platform and foundational technology including which frameworks to integrate and support.
- Support all product teams with platform integration and best practices.
- Monitor work against the product delivery schedule closely and provides progress updates and reports any issues or technical difficulties to manager on a regular basis.
- Responsible for work quality; ensures work meets the technical standards for product portfolio.
- Write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation to support work designed and developed.
- Undergraduate degree computer science, electrical engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of related software development experience in related platforms.
- 5+ years of experience programming in Go, Rust and/or C++.
- 3+ years of experience with containerized application development
- 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes.
- Able to live Casa s core values: fun work environment, innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and honesty & loyalty.
- Deep understanding of cloud-native architecture and microservices design patterns.
- Deep knowledge of Kubernetes architecture and extensibility preferred.
- Experience with platform services including Prometheus, Jaeger, ElasticSearch, Istio and Redis.
- Experience with advanced release techniques including Canary and Blue-Green deployments.
- Knowledge and experience with 4G/LTE and/or 5G a plus.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies, as required.
- Able to work in a team oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Creative and self-motivated.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Professional demeanor.
Casa Systems, Inc. offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).