Riot Direct builds the infrastructure that enables our games to operate globally and securely at scale, ensuring the highest levels of network performance and quality for our players. If you are looking to have a direct, positive impact on the people who play and love our games, please join us to help make Riot the most player-focused game company in the world.
As a Software Engineer II on the Riot Direct Product Development Team, you will report to the Software Engineering Manager - Riot Direct and work with a team that develops software solutions to ensure the secure, scalable operations of Riot's global networks, working with other infrastructure and game teams to solve essential problem areas in the network, security, and application delivery spaces. An engineer with technical depth and a problem-solving mindset will excel in this role, as you will not only create solutions for daily tasks, but work as a team to identify broader engineering opportunities for Riot.
* Create software solutions that improve and secure our player-facing network
* Develop and integrate with multiple types of service APIs
* Write automation and testing tools
* Respond to and diagnose live production and other priority issues
* Improve direction and design, encouraging agreement to improve the strategy of infrastructure platform services across Riot
* Produce documentation related to the services and software the team supports
* Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
* Participate in an on-call rotation for high-priority incidents
* 6+ years of industry experience
* Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
* Coding experience using languages such as: Go, C, C++, or Python
* Experience with development pipelines such as docker, docker-compose, and Jenkins
* In-depth understanding of modern design patterns and paradigms, especially around API contracts, backend/fundamental services, scalability, and reliability
* Proficient in networking concepts and fundamentals
* Proficient in troubleshooting methods and tools such as traceroute, tcpdump, nmap, arp diagnostics, free, lsof
* Expertise in full software development life cycle management
* Familiarity with infrastructure services, distributed systems, microservices, and software design
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field
* Experience with AWS especially imaging and automation
* Experience with Linux eBPF, specifically in XDP
* Experience with the Linux kernel, drivers, and the Linux networking stack
* Experience with networking and application delivery concepts
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).