SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging voice-first world.If you are a software developer that is excited to combine your language skills with great software programming chops, this opportunity is for you! This role requires native-level proficiency speaking Latin American Spanish.
We are looking for someone who loves languages and is a skilled software developer .
Prior NLU or AI programming experience is NOT REQUIRED
You will be learning and using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, and AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound over the past 10 years! We ve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. Your job will be to help us apply that platform to your native language-specific use cases!In this role you will:
We would love to hear from you if:
- You love your native language! Your dream job is to dig deeper into your language skills and combine that with your coding skills to create amazing local experiences.
- You are excited about being one of the first people to become proficient in a new programming paradigm.
- You want to build the systems that improve the lives of millions of users everyday.
- You notice opportunities to improve the end user experience and are proactive about getting the details right.
- You are a fast learner with strong software development skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing scalable and maintainable systems.
We d be especially excited if you have
- High quality native-level language skills in Latin American Spanish (speech, vocabulary, grammar, reading and writing)
- 5+ years of experience and proficiency in at least one programming language and one scripting language. Expertise with C++ is especially helpful.
- Excellent algorithms skills, and ability to write efficient code
- Comfortable working in Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
experience with web crawling and related concepts, data conditioning and relevance algorithms, manipulating and managing large amounts of data, working with third-party APIs or datasets and working in a client-server Agile development environment. Also, it d be exciting if you have familiarity with text search and related systems, along with C/C++ proficiency. If you are someone who loves music and solving puzzles, SoundHound would be great for you!
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!