Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky Connect is a new, exciting division of Sky. We're passionate about giving small businesses a better broadband experience, and we've learnt everything we know from one of the leading providers of business broadband in the United States, Comcast. With an exciting, fast-paced start up environment, we're looking for exceptional people, to help drive our business forward. And with the support of a truly trusting and collaborative team, you'll grow alongside our business.
This Senior Product Manager role will own, build and drive Sky Connects' Wi-Fi portfolio: with responsibility for both in-life Product development and delivery, as well as roadmap & strategy creation for new solutions. We are looking for an individual who can be the voice of Wi-Fi, own the customer experience for in-premise products and drive the development and competitiveness of the Sky Connect offering.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in discovering and developing new technology Product ideas, strategic Product extensions, or enhancements and strong experience in leading, planning and tracking the entire end-to-end technology & Product lifecycle. Commercial acumen is a must, alongside the ability to manage a P&L with the ability to generate ideas that can grow ARPU.
What you'll do:
- Define and manage a best-in-class Wi-Fi portfolio, vision & roadmap to maintain & drive Sky Connects competitiveness in market. This includes (but is not limited to) developing, launching, and maintaining differentiated hardware & software propositions /solutions, with a leading customer experience.
- Manage the existing Sky Business Wi-Fi solution including strategy alignment, vendor management and feature updates.
- Initiate Product development, from ideation through to deployment including business case development, rationalising scope/MVP, partnering with tech to work through solution(s) and developing pricing, packaging strategies through to deployment as well as owning e2e Product trial process for NPD.
- Own the connectivity Product base. Identify opportunities to improve the Product performance, delivered by driving cross-functional, virtual teams across the Sky Group.
- Prioritise Product initiatives to drive efficiency in technology deliveries and manage the Product backlog to request funding for incremental requirements & features.
- Ensure the Product proposition meets customer expectations and maximises performance and profitability by developing actionable insights from sales, service, and direct customer feedback.
- Negotiate contracts and maintain positive vendor relationships to drive continuous innovation.
- Ownership of RFP inputs to support sourcing of new hardware and software.
- Supporting the supply chain to deliver new processes & forecast demand.
- Have a passion for software and technology as a focused self-starter with a positive attitude who can run multiple tasks and projects simultaneously & thrives in a dynamic and complex environment.
What you'll bring:
- E2E Product Management experience, with a firm knowledge of best-practice for in-life management and new Product development
- Proven success in managing a connectivity Product portfolio (ideally with a focus on Wi-Fi)
- Experience launching new products and increasing profitability, with a focus on Product lifecycle management
- Experience within the Telco market
- Ability to think commercially and strategically, with strong analytical and modelling skills & ideally previous experience with P&L accountability.
- Excellent communication, presentation & stakeholder management skills
- Ability to make decisions in fast-paced environment and execute at speed
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base: Osterley
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.