Location: Houston, Texas (On-site at the PCS office. This is not a remote position.)
PCS Software, Inc. is an AI platform for the transportation logistics marketspace providing the trucking industry's most effective transportation management platform (TMP) to improve fleet management and delivery systems and increase profits for our customers. Through innovation and invention, our software individualizes work routines, consolidates workflows, and streamlines management controls to improve accountability, transparency, and eliminate costly and redundant manual processes.
Trucking companies and freight brokers trust PCS to optimize their dispatch, accounting, and fleet operations. TL, LTL, Intermodal, and freight brokerage services use our TMP to automate operations, easily access information, and reduce inefficiencies to maximize sales and revenue. Founded in 1997 and located in Houston, Texas, PCS Software is the leading developer of hosted software solutions designed specifically for the ground transportation industry.
Job Description: Senior Mobile Developer
As a Senior Mobile Developer, you will play a major part in developing our product. This will involve research of different features and protocols as well as working on functionality.
Design and develop state-of-the-art native Android mobile applications in a collaborative Agile team environment.
- Evaluate and provide technical solutions to complex application features and development problems
- Identify and help execute ways to increase team and company effectiveness as part of a continuous improvement process
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, trends, and opportunities
BS in Computer Science or related IT discipline such as Compuer Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, or recent college graduate
- 3+ years of mobile development experience for Android
- Experience with Android networking and REST Web Services.
- Experience localizing applications for multiple languages
- Experience with the full Code-to-Customer lifecycle of the Goggle Development Program
- Experience with software practices of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and automated testing
- Experience with geographic mapping APIs, such as HERE maps or MapBox is a plus
- Experience with Azure, C#, and Python
- Experience with application security concepts, standards, development, and testing: Azure AD, OAuth, single sign-on, session management, authentication and authorization is a plus
- Commitment to understanding the business domain
- Commitment to incorporating quality software practices nto all phases of the project lifecycle
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated professional who demonstrates strong technical agility and responsiveness
- Eager to learn and grow within a technical organization
Employee Benefits Include:
- Annual Incentive Bonus Plans for non-commissioned Full time employees.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective Day 1 with monthly premiums paid by PCS!
- Fidelity 401K with a 4% Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 8 Paid Holidays Annually
- 3-weeks of PTO starting your first year and the ability to earn up to 4-weeks of PTO with seniority
- Company paid term life and short-term disability insurance
- 3-weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Club/Gym reimbursement program (up to $750/year)
- Employee referral bonus program ($2,500 per accepted hire that you refer as an employee)
EEO Statement PCS Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other protected characteristic.
PCS Core Values
- Initiative: Will take initiative as an owner and not wait for direction to act.
- Accountability: Will own the action and results, the by-product of your work and PCS.
- Can-Do Attitude: Believing in yourself, you will always demonstrate and achievable attitude.
- Positive and Motivated: Brining positive energy, you will raise the level of performance of those around you.
- Say-Do Ratio: Delivering results that match the words you say.
- Integrity: Consistent and uncompromising in strong values and morals
- Honesty: Truthful and transparent during the difficult times, not just the good times
Technical Skills Required
Operating Systems: Android, Android TV, MS Windows
Programming Languages: Kotlin, Java, C#, Python
Architecture Patterns: Clean Architecture, MVP, MVVM
Libraries: Android SDK, MS Fluent for Android, ExoPlayer, AndroidX, Koin, Data binding, Mockito, GSON, Retrofit, Picasso
Tools:. Android Studio, Gradle, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, JIRA
Other: WebSockets, UserNotifications, XML, JSON, REST protocol, Protobuf, Room DB, SQLite, DRM - Widevine, Connection Service API, Build Flavors, Unit tests, Azure
Methodology: Agile, Scrum