There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The Senior Infrastructure Operations Analyst - Reliability Operations supports the Technology Operations organization to build tools and manage platforms with the mission of helping T. Rowe Price technology developers across the globe be more productive, while ensuring core platforms and applications meet reliability objectives that delight our customers.
As a member of the Reliability Operations team, you will be charged with developing tools to automate, streamline, and improve infrastructure platforms and operational processes. If solving complex operational problems, helping developers innovate faster, and improving the stability and reliability of infrastructure services excites you, opportunity awaits, come build with us!
Some example projects include:
* Eliminate toil by automating user provisioning and management in SaaS platforms like Atlassian JIRA, Rally, Aha, and Retrium.
* Increase observability of AWS hosted applications by working with developers to implement telemetry in their applications and then working to standardize and automate those patterns.
* Build observability tools to fill current gaps, such as authenticated synthetics.
* Contribute to the development of a chaos engineering toolkit used by developers and operations teams to evaluate resiliency of their applications.
* Improve incident management processes by building status pages for core infrastructure services like DNS, ADFS, AWS.
* Build ansible playbooks to automate infrastructure deployments
* Contribute to internal platforms that enable operational management of AWS resources by production support teams.
* Lead training, demos, and consultations of tools for production support and developer teams Define and maintain Service Level Objectives (SLO), Service Level Indicators (SLI), and Error Budgets for applications and platforms.
In addition, you will be part of an on-call rotation and expected to maintain our reliability objectives for a portfolio of SaaS, On-Premises, and AWS hosted services and applications. Our team currently supports developer productivity and observability platforms such as JIRA, Rally, Aha, Trello, Retrium, Subversion, Splunk, OpenSearch, Grafana, Cortex, & Prometheus.
* 5+ years of relevant IT experience
* 4+ years of experience building and supporting solutions on Amazon AWS
* Familiarity with Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
* Proficiency administering and troubleshooting Windows and Linux server platforms
* Knowledge/experience with Docker containers
* Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP solutions
* Knowledge/experience with observability tools such as Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, and cloud native tools
* Knowledge/experience with CI/CD tooling such as GitLab and Artifactory.
* Knowledge/experience with Cloud Management tools - (prefer Terraform, Vault, Packer)
* Fluent in at least one programming language (Python, Java, Go, or .Net) Python preferred
* Proven ability to automate using scripting and/or programming using serverless technologies
* Effectively uses logic as a problem-solving tool
* Communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences
* Able to clearly articulate operational principles, practices, and policies
* Provide accurate and timely status for their own work and escalate when necessary
* Stay abreast of industry trends and technologies
* Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
* Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
* Flexible and remote work opportunities
* Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
* Tuition assistance
* Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates' well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.