DescriptionJob Description:UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
We are in search of a Senior Infrastructure Engineer. Working to migrate mission critical legacy infrastructure to the AWS cloud in a large extended team of engineers and experts across a number of technical capabilities and areas of expertise.Key Responsibilities:
- Be inclusive- as a senior engineer you are a leader- encourage people to speak freely, create an environment of safety, listen to people, be an advocate for change and innovation;
- Senior engineering experience - ability to work within a complex programme focussing on your area of responsibility but ensuring to keep the big picture in mind by building relationships within and outside the programme
- Detailed technical design (LLD) within a large and complex overarching solution encompassing multiple teams;
- Delivery of outcomes with appreciation of quality, time and cost :
- Commitment, integrity and collaboration: Compliance to engineering guidelines and best ; Embody those principles as a Senior Engineer on a delivery stream for the project in delivery within own area of responsibility - be focussed on the value to the customer;
- Co-ordinate delivery of engineering services as senior engineer within an engineering team focused on timely outcomes;
- Be agile, be innovative and collaborative in your approach to finding the best way forward when things change.
- Development of less experienced team members - daily check in with those you work with, ensure you are aligned, share goals and success!
- Contribution to Leidos capability model through engagement with centres of Excellence and internal development initiatives
- In depth knowledge of infrastructure technologies (virtualisation, storage, directory services, monitoring and management)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies and their application: (AD, DNS, LDAP, Kerberos)
- Experience of middleware (IBM MQ, WebSphere)
- Experience of Veritas Backup products
- Broad knowledge other technologies and capabilities (software development, systems engineering, data science/engineering, Security (Cyber/Info Assurance)
- Appreciation of frameworks and methodologies such as ITIL, waterfall, agile (SCRUM, SAFe)
CLEARANCE REQUIRED:Pay Range:
- Strong experience of networking technologies (Cisco, F5, Palo Alto)
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM)
- Exposure to Tivoli Suite
- Security Management
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.