We are looking for a motivated, self-managed Senior DevOps engineer who will further improve our digital transformation journey, and make our customer experience a fantastic voyage. We look for someone with modern day essential engineering skills like innovation, creativity, attention to details, communication, and much more. Our solution has a front-end Web application, Java API's, containerized infrastructure, and SAP Banking services as core backend. The team
ING WB Cash And Liquidity Management tribe is currently developing scalable, resilient, real time banking processes which will empower ING digital treasurers customers to manage their key cash management tasks. Roles and responsibilities
The challenging environment for the Senior DevOps engineer is focused around an Agile way of working; dynamic environment with lots of change and highly visible applications that deliver services towards the whole group. You will be able to technically lead other engineers to deliver the priorities set by the product owner.
The Senior DevOps Engineer's primary responsibility is to ensure the operational stability, resilience, integrity, and availability of the Applications. You will proactively identify application, system and process related problems. You will assume leadership of your DevOps team when an Incident occurs and your Application has an outage or is part of a Major Incident that affects the operation of your Application.
In this role you will be part of a squad responsible for delivering business value. All members of the Squad are multi-skilled with their primary and secondary responsibilities and corresponding skill set. As Senior DevOps Engineer your primary responsibilities are broadly classified below. However, you are also expected to learn and demonstrate new skills.
Rewards & benefits
- Supporting the applications including incident management, monitoring, risk management, capacity management and security;
- Testing and implementation of new releases;
- Experience of deploying and running the application with industry leading CD/CI tools like Azure DevOps, OpenShift and Docker.
- Specifying, designing and performing resilience and availability tests (including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests).
- Specifying, designing, testing and deployment of system runtime and rollback scripts (e.g. stop / start / purge / backup);
- Experience in Docker, ELK, Openshift, Linux, Docker, Networking and scripting.
- Knowlede of Java, API Build and Deployments.
- Configuring and implementing system and application monitoring using Prometheus, Grafana, or other industry standard tools;
- Implementing security policies so that the systems stay secure
- Understanding of Risk and Compliance activities related to banking.
- Lifecycle management of application and underlying infrastructure. Understanding of large and complex infrastructure and application migrations;
- Perform Incident, Problem and Change Management activities, including writing user stories for resolving problems;
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it's possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster