Executes audit strategy for the sound application of risk based auditing by defining audit scope, audit program, and test procedures. Responsible for developing and executing an audit program designed to independently validate the completeness and accuracy of data across the enterprise. Typically acts as Auditor-in-Charge (AIC). Demonstrates strategic thinking and supports change. Oversees audit testing to ensure timely execution within quality standards and conformance to audit policies and procedures.
Candidate will be aligned to work on projects of moderate to high complexity that would involve learning, as candidate will be responsible for testing the completeness and accuracy of data from point of origin, to systems of record, through business use (e.g. reporting) by independently querying systems data. Should be able to demonstrate the ability to perform high quality, risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Corporate Audit methodologies and standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures as it relates to data and as outlined in the Enterprise Data Management standard. Assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies, recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends. Drafts quality and timely audit reports and shares results with business leaders. Manages business partner relationships when conducting specific audits; primary engagement is with line management. Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment. When leading an audit engagement, is responsible for day to day coaching, mentoring, and performance feedback. Fosters an inclusive work environment.
Candidate will create / maintain accurate and clear work documents and is expected to complete tasks efficiently (on time and accurately). Also, will work with team to provide input to draft quality audit reports and supports sharing audit results with business leaders. Fosters a positive and inclusive work environment. Assists with the ownership of key regulatory matters related to data management. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, communication and project management skills are required
* Minimum 2+ years of Audit, Risk, Data or other relevant experience
* Self-starter, desire to learn able to teach others, positive attitude, exhibits flexibility
* Strong critical thinking, problem solving, analytical mindset required
* Must be able to plan, execute, and evaluate audit test plans within a risk-based audit methodology
* Ability to think critically and apply audit and data expertise
* Ability to work independently
* Sound organizational, analytical, oral, and written communication skills
* Demonstrate the ability to juggle multiple work efforts and to quickly change direction.
* Ability to operate in a fast paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities.
* Ability to work in a very detailed manner
* Strong written and verbal communications at all levels of management - must be able to make recommendations and articulate conclusions supported by data
* Must have the ability to effectively communicate quantitative topics to technical and non-technical audiences
* College degree required or relevant experience
* 3+ years of relevant Data Audit experience
* Knowledge of Bank of America business processes and front end application systems
* Audit or risk control risk/controls background in financial services
* Intermediate Analytical / Automation Skills (SQL, SAS, Python. Alteryx, Advanced Excel and Access)
* Advanced degree Advanced degree or certifications (CIA, CISA etc - CPA Preferred)
* Data risk or Information Technology experience
* 3+ years of project management experience
* Audit experience at large financial services institutions
* Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
* Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
* Experience with data, automation, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
* Working knowledge of regulatory landscape
* Working knowledge of core Banking concepts and products
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: