Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in the IoT and Edge Partner segment which includes partners in the broader IoT space. We are looking for a world class candidate to manage an elite portfolio of strategic AWS IoT partners. Your job will be to use these strategic partners to help deliver on AWS' strategy to drive adoption of the AWS IoT and edge services.
We seek a Senior Alliance Lead focused on IoT Partnerships.
* Develop and scale strategic embedded and related partners to help deliver on AWS' strategy to be the preferred IoT and edge computing platform in the world.
* Develop and drive business and technical enablement plan to partners
* Develop and drive promotions, funding benefits, and incentives as appropriate
* Gather, organize, and report back partner feedback (both technical and business) to help improve the customer and partner experience
* Be the liaison between IoT partners and the Services teams; meet regularly with Services team staff in person and virtually
* Develop and execute programs to highlight AWS and partner integrations with a north start goal of driving customer adoption of AWS IoT services.
Responsibilities will include driving C-level and field relationships with your partners and with the AWS sales field, guiding the development and launch of joint use case specific solutions in the IoT and Edge Computing space, and executing joint GTM plans globally. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption. Responsibilities also include reporting cross partner trends.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, a sales background that enables the candidate to manage a wide range of tactical activities in pursuit of AWS' initiatives, and project management skills to manage projects. This person should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges within IoT and edge computing as well as the capacity to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with edge computing platforms and supporting operating systems.
Open to qualified candidates in other major US cities.
* 10+ years of sales management and/or business development experience in the technology/cloud services industry, with proven ability to build profitable ecosystem technology partnerships.
* Bachelor degree required
* 5+ years experience in building and executing successful partner programs
* 3+ years experience in team management, including pipeline management
* Expertise with Silicon and IoT partners delivering successful joint solutions to market.
* Technical proficiency and understanding of various processor architectures such as Arm, IA, RISC-V, and Proprietary.
* Deep familiarity with cloud and edge computing products, services, market positioning and sales strategies.
* Ability to create and manage the delivery of joint solutions and GTM strategies and tactical plans.
* Deep understanding of Silicon product release cycles, integration techniques, and existing Silicon partner programs.
* Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives at global silicon and ecosystem companies.
* Willing to travel domestically and internationally 20-40% of the time (depending upon location) to meet with customers, partners, and to AWS events.
* 2+ years experience in sales and partner activities related to ML, AI, and Robotics.
* 8+ years successful quota retiring sales experience at software or hardware company.
* Understanding of AWS services and usage models, specifically AWS IoT Edge software
* 2+ years experience in one or more specific IoT / M2M market segments (i.e. connected home, connected industrial/manufacturing, connected vehicles).
* 5+ years experience in team management, including pipeline management
* Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
* Strong technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive edge computing technologies and operating systems.
* Computer Science background, and MBA degree is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit