The Satellite Positioning group is a global, virtual team within Fugro, delivering a premium 24/7 positioning service based on our proprietary network of GNSS reference stations on all continents. We are experts in this domain and have over 20 years of experience - leading the maritime positioning market.
For our USA office (Houston, TX or Lafayette, LA) and our Innovation team, we are looking for a Satellite Positioning Geodesist. In this role you provide support during the preparation and process of acquiring and analyzing geo-data, carrying out computations and compiling deliverables whilst assisting in the introduction of new solutions.
* You perform GNSS algorithm research for faster, more reliable, and higher precise GNSS relative (or absolute) positioning
* You track (and propose) the latest knowledge on GNSS precise point positioning, real-time kinematic, integer ambiguity resolution and data quality control algorithms
* You work on software development, maintenance, testing, debugging, and release based on innovative algorithms, technical requirements and standards as requested
* You perform large scale single or multi-frequency, multi-GNSS post and real-time data processing and result analysis
* You work together with various teams (hardware, firmware, and software) and providing support of the GNSS computation engine
* You are responsible for producing scientific reports that describe the algorithms implemented in our software or computation engine.
* 18 years of age
* Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
* MSc degree or equivalent or above in geodesy/geomatics with ideally some years' research experience in space geodesy
* Demonstrated research expertise and scientific records in GNSS with good knowledge and understanding of GNSS positions principals and applications.
* Strong knowledge of linear algebra, parameter estimation and data quality control
* Familiar with multi-sensor integration and Kalman Filtering algorithm is a plus
* Good knowledge of scientific computing and an ability to program in C/C++ or Fortran, Python in Windows or Linux environments.
* Read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, speak effectively before individuals and groups of customers or employees of organization
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
* A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
* Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
* Short-term and Long-term Disability.
* A broad range of voluntary benefits.
* An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our 'apply' button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at , option 5 or .
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster