Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems for space within Honeywell Aerospace. As the Satellite System Engineering Lead, you will lead a cross-functional team of Mechanical, Electrical, Attitude Orbit Control and Systems engineers in the specification and design of a Satellite Integrated Attitude and Orbital Control System (AOCS) working with the customer to field for a constellation of satellites. The Integrated AOCS consists of vehicle sensors (e.g. Star Trackers, Sun Sensors, Rate Gyros, Magnetometers, GPS, etc.) On-Board Computers, actuators (e.g. Reaction Wheel Assemblies, Torque Rods, etc.) and associated software.
· Establish project Satellite System Engineering Management Plan
· Direct, perform and manage requirements and allocation (flow-down) to Integrated AOCS Components in consultation with GNC lead
· Direct, establish and manage verification compliance matrix
· Direct creation of Integrated AOCS interface control drawings and documents
· Direct internal design efforts for creation of internal Integrated AOCS components (harnesses & mounting structures)
· Direct internal design efforts for modification of internal Integrated AOCS components
· Assign resources to be Customer Technical Interface
· Assign resources to perform and complete system trade studies
· Ensure radiation analysis plan for Integrated AOCS is completed
· Ensure required failure modes and effects analysis and reliability analysis are completed
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering
· 8+ years' experience in an assembly, integration and test role within Space or other Hi-Rel industry
· Must be a US citizen due to contractual requirements.
· Experience working both independently and as a leader of a team in a hands-on role with a specialty in satellite or satellite product development.
· Experience with one or more of the following:
o digital and analog development
o mechanical and thermal development
o software development
· Experience with satellite or satellite product vehicle integration and on-orbit support
· Experience with NASA, ECSS, CSA and/or NewSpace satellite verification and validation standards
· Energetic, self-motivated and highly organized.
· Experience with electrical, mechanical design, industrial design, clean room work
· Passion to develop solutions and trouble shoot problems.
· Developing software and hardware for space and similar harsh environments.
· Electrical hardware and test equipment design, build and test experience
· Environmental testing experience (TVAC, Vibration, Shock, EMI, EMC, Mechanical properties, Radiation).
· Requirements and verification configuration management tool
· SAP or similar business software
· TeamCenter or similar PDM experience
JOB ID: HRD170952
Location: 19019 N. 59th,Glendale,Arizona,85308,United States
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.