Apply to Job
Program Manager, Edge and Network - Connectivity
Apply to Job
Location pin icon
Denver, CO | Menlo Park, CA | Remote, US+ 2 more
Apply to Job
Meta is seeking a Program Manager with Service Provider & Enterprise infrastructure environment experience, including deployment of wired and wireless network systems. The Infrastructure Services and Operational Support (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of production and experimental network deployment and operations. In this role, you will support programs related to Meta Connectivity team's field feedback and deployment operations programs. You will work closely with cross-functional program managers, network and software engineers, product managers, and external partners to devise technical solutions for business problems. The North star of this role is to enable the Metaverse and associated its applications. This includes addressing choke points located in the access and transport network space that may limit the quality of experience.
Program Manager, Edge and Network - Connectivity Responsibilities
* Manage deployment, hardware refresh, and decommissioning projects.
* Enable daily operations via tooling, documentation, and ongoing support of experimental and commercial off-the-shelf wired and wireless technologies in complex and diverse environments.
* Drive successful field site survey and acquisition efforts including negotiations with landlords, industry partners, local governments, and utilities.
* Enable System Integrators through knowledge transfer mediums to become capable of scale using GA quality solutions to wireless internet and mobile operators.
* Support the prioritization and facilitation of knowledge management material (i.e., documentation, training, marketing collateral) for products that have reached maturity levels that enable early lab and field trial deployments.
* Provide field feedback to product teams to enable the organization to build better solutions to meet aggressive goals.
* Take initiative in unclear and dynamic situations to help stakeholders and partners define and subsequently realize goals.
* Manage highly cross-functional projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (experimental products, data center, network, logistics, supply chain, hardware/software engineering).
* Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
* Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
* Elicit detailed program requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams and process flow diagrams.
* Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
* Lead business readiness activities including training, testing and rollout of solutions via vendors.
* Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
* Identify areas of risk and drive mitigation with subject matter experts within the organization.
* International and Domestic travel (including emerging markets) required up to 25%.
* Work independently with minimal supervision.
* 6+ years of experience in technical or engineering project/program management with a demonstrated track record of improving processes, programs, and using technology solutions to deliver business value in a technical operations space.
* Experience delivering flawless project execution in a pre-MVP experimental hardware environment. Resourceful, action-orientated with experience getting things done, overcoming obstacles, and developing creative solutions to problems.
* Experience driving successful project execution in collaboration with Telecom Service Providers, Mobile Network Providers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
* Proven interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
* Demonstrated experience adapting and learning new skill sets quickly.
* Omni-directional communication skills and attention to detail.
* Independent, thorough, and results-oriented in examination and analysis.
* Experience collaborating with different individuals across organizations, within other geographies, and willingness to "roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
* Bachelor's degree in a directly related field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Extensive experience leading executive-level discussions and negotiations with internal and external parties.
* Basic understanding of the OSI model or networking standards including TCP/IP and the 802.11 family.
* Mobile operator and/or ISP network planning, deployment, and operations experience, including municipal site acquisition and landlord lease negotiations.
* Optical and Wireless Infrastructure knowledge: Fiber Transport Systems, DWDM Systems, XPON deployments OpenRAN architectures, O-RAN Alliance, 3GPP standards, 60 GHz V Band, and CBRS applications.
* Early-stage program technology experience such as WiFi-6, 5GNR, NG Radio Intelligent Controllers.
* Familiar with New Product Introduction processes to successfully deploy carrier-grade infrastructure into MNO and WISP networks by way of Lab, Field, and Commercial trial success.
* Vendor management and contracts experience.
* Experience working in emerging markets.
* PMP and CCNA/JNCIA certifications or equivalent.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to .
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $189,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)