Join one of the largest renewable owners, operators and developers in the U.S., delivering innovative, renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a sustainable, low-carbon future. With current assets under management in the U.S. valued at $20 billion and over 190 utility-scale renewable energy generating facilities located across 34 states, Brookfield Renewable U.S. offers a multitude of career opportunities. Our dynamic organization is focused on our mission to optimize and drive value across our renewable energy portfolio, advancing the transition to a sustainable, clean energy future. Our value also extends well beyond the clean energy we produce. From our extensive renewable power fleet we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of IT Services, the Product Manager, Telecommunication Services will join a team of high performing and collaborative professionals, working closely together on the development and execution of Brookfield Renewable's growth strategies in the U.S.
The Product Manager primary customer will be the Corporate Facilities, Regional Facilities, and the Operations teams. They will manage all aspects of telecommunications and voice for the various sites we have across the US along with any connectivity to other Brookfield regions or subsidiaries, The Product Manager has accountability for the development, support model and identifying ways to drive additional value from the platforms.
The Product Manager will work with internal customers and external vendors to ensure the platforms are satisfying the business' needs; this could include coordinating the deployment of replacement and/or new connectivity, serving as the escalation point if there are outages or other maintenance issues, and working with key stakeholders to architect and implement solutions to a diverse set of use cases across the company.
- Lead day to day management of the Telecommunication (Voice and Data) lines
- Coordinate across internal and external operations and engineering teams
- Collaborate with external partners to execute development of new telecom services to ensure a support strategy will be established after execution
- Work closely with CIO and Technology Program Managers to develop long term platform strategy and identify enhancements
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements and outcomes and ensure the IT and OT infrastructure can support current and future digital transformation initiatives
- Manage Telecom projects; develop and maintain project plans including conducting meetings with key stakeholders, as needed, and publishing meeting minutes
- Maintain Telecommunications documentation and inventory for al services including the periodic review of related invoices/bills
- Lead or patriciate in the contract negotiation of Telecommunication services
- Accountable for performance, user experience and development of the following platforms:
- Telecommunication lines and Services - Maintaining service by validating that the correct services are being used and these services are stable and reliable including the coordination of testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; and identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
- Voice lines and Services - Maintaining service by validating that the correct voice services are being used and these services are stable and reliable including identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
- University degree in computer science, electrical/electronic engineering, information technology, or another related field
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience preferably in a technical discipline
- Strong focus on the customer and delivering to business outcomes
- Experience in IT/telecommunications
- Experience as a Business Analysts or Project Manager
- Prior experience with VOIP
- Prior experience with SIP Trunking implementations
- Strong knowledge of Cisco IP Telephony and Telecom Carriers such as AT&T, Verizon, etc.
- Must be able to work in a very fast paced environment and anticipate and manage resolution of complex issues that impact project deliverables
- Experience with basic networking protocols including DNS, DHCP, VPNs, WAN/LAN TCP/IP