Lead infrastructure engineering product development teams in planning, scoping, solution architecting, software design, and implementation based on functional and performance capability requirements, leveraging cloud-native, commercial, and open source tools and frameworks to solve complex business needs.
This role will also collaborate with Software Engineers, Product Owners, and others across teams and business areas to influence solutions and platforms across the organization.
* Oversees the design of software programs or systems within the team, with direct organizational impact
* Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of key stakeholders
* Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
* Receives, interprets, transmits and may evangelize highly complex information requiring considerable explanation or interpretation to technical and non-technical audiences
* Exercises judgement in selecting methods and techniques and evaluation criteria to resolve issues
* Identifies major problems and opportunities and champions the development of innovative solutions
* Works on extremely complex technical issues requiring the evaluation of intangibles and the exercise of independent judgement
* Writes codes that establishes and enhances frameworks and design proof of concepts
* Contributes wide-reaching improvements in stability, usability, and performance to systems within their organization
* Reviews code for correctness, and its impact on software architecture
* Sets technical direction, strategy and drives technology adoption within their organization
* Typically has 10+ years of experience in a technical field specific to the business. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training or work experience. Has expert knowledge of technological components utilized by the organization and the company.
* advanced coding experience with the one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Ruby, C/C++, Go
* You should know Object Oriented Design, common data structures, algorithms that go along with them, and how to test your code
* Expert knowledge with Amazon Web Services-based infrastructure and management including, but not limited to Route 53, ALB, EC2, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Lambda, VPC, ECS, IAM, S3, etc
* Deep knowledge & expertise in configuring, deploying, tuning, and supporting web frameworks at scale on Linux and container platforms
* Intermediate to advanced experience writing, maintaining and deploying RESTful services
* Experience with web caching and load balancing technologies such as HAProxy, Varnish, and Nginx
* Deep knowledge of core internet and networking protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP
* Proficient working with Terraform, Chef, Salt, or other configuration management tools
* Proficient with version control systems (Git, TFS, SVN)
* Experience managing site content and configuration via CDN providers
* Intermediate to advanced experience integrating with CI/CD platforms and tool chains such as TeamCity, Jenkins, and Gitlab
* Expertise applying security best practices to application, system, and public cloud infrastructure
* Intermediate to advanced experience integrating with commercial and open source monitoring and telemetry platforms
* BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now Apply Later
Current Employees Apply via My Disney Career