Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva's software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation . As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it's up to you.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineer(s) in Testat all levels to help us build and deliver a solid Infrastructure foundation that powers the core Vault Platform. At Veeva, we treat infrastructure as code, which means it goes through the same SDLC rigor that any other customer-facing feature would. All of our Infrastructure resides in the cloud in a way it's highly scalable and resilient and enables us to push new Infrastructure changes seamlessly without incurring any downtime.
This is a hands-on role. If working in a fast-paced & collaborative environment with like-minded/smart engineers on solving challenging problems excites you, please continue to read on.
What You'll Do
- Develop deep expertise in the Vault Architecture and become the SME in your product area
- Work with Product Managers and Developers using agile methods to identify/refine test plans and test cases that verify the software conforms to requirements and design
- Be a thought leader within the team and define the Quality roadmap for your team and evangelize it
- Be a partner that is able to cover blind spots and surface up associated risks earlier in the SDLC cycle to the SCRUM team
- Provide QA status updates to key stakeholders throughout the product release life cycle
- Lead test strategy and planning for Infrastructure features including Zero downtime upgrades/HA/DR etc.
- Perform QA activities such as test execution, bug verifications, triage automation results, etc., and verify outcomes within release milestones
- Assist QA Management with recruitment, resource, and project planning
- Driving technical discussions during design/implementation reviews and influencing decisions that will help build quality into the product from the get-go
- Be an excellent example that the team can look up to
- Help with hiring, onboarding, and mentoring other team members by providing guidance, feedback, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry, with a passion for quality processes
- 5+ years of white-box testing or infrastructure testing experience
- Strong understanding of system design principles
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure Validation (Deployment, HA, DR, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure technologies such as AWS EC2, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, Load balancers, IAM, EKS, and other AWS services
- Running POCs and making recommendations that would help raise the quality bar
- Experience supporting multiple features in a fast-paced environment with sometimes competing priorities
- Strong knowledge of code coverage tools and metrics
- Highly skilled with some of the following tools/technologies:
- Data Analytics & Reporting: ELK Stack, Cloudwatch, Prometheus
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Terraform, Chef, CloudFormation, or similar tools
- Other Tools: GitLab, GitHub
Nice to Have
- Experience with one or more industry-standard unit/functional test frameworks (JUnit, TestNg, Cucumber, etc.)
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience working in a remote setup
- Experience working in the Health Sciences and Lifecare industry
Veeva's headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.