The Identity engineering team builds and manages identity providers for all of Microsoft's online services and platforms like Azure, Office, Xbox, and HoloLens. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances in online security and identity management. Our work spans both the consumer and enterprise space and can be found in Internet scale online services, the Windows operating system and most phones and handheld devices. The Identity engineering employees have deep technical expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Our team is seeking an experienced and passionate software engineer to join us as we create and deliver several new business critical services that empower our customers to observe, detect, diagnose, and recover from problems across their entire Identity ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that deal with large amounts of data, high volume of events, and geo-distributed operations, while partnering with engineering teams across Microsoft. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies as the earliest adopters, as well as mentor other team members.
You will be joining an engineering team that is operating in a fast-growing space creating business opportunities both in terms of new revenue as well as significant cost reduction. As a result, our team presents ample career growth opportunities as well.
You would experience a vibrant culture that promotes diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion, which is clearly reflected in all the things we do. Diversity is more than a commitment for us - it is the foundation of what we do. Our team has a strong sense of accountability and provides its members with many opportunities for learning and career growth.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews.
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions.
- Develop best-in-class engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are well-defined, modularized, secure, reliable, testable, diagnosable, actively monitored, and reusable.
- Implement strategies and techniques to improve test automation and coverage, and overall system resilience.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach.
- You will be able to influence key decisions and create collaborative agreements about sequencing work while maintaining good relationships across teams.
- 8+ years of experience coding with C#, Java, Python or C+
- Experience building scalable, efficient, and reliable cloud services
- Experience working across teams with multiple stakeholders
Nice-To-Have (Not Required):
- Experience with big data and machine learning techniques
- Experience creating platforms for diagnostics pipelines, large-scale event processors etc.
- Experience with business critical services and handling live site operations.
Software Engineering IC5 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $133,600 - $256,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $173,200 - $282,200 per year.