Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you can be proud to be with.
We are looking to hire a Lead / Principal Product Manager within the buyer experience team at eBay to help us delight and excite eBay customers around the world! The position resides within our shipping data sciences product organization and will be responsible for owning a set of machine learning / AI products. These are cutting-edge AI driven products that predict shipping and delivery speed for billions of items in real-time at a global scale.
This is a highly visible role in the company. The product owner will be responsible for providing insights on product performance and customer behavior to executive leadership teams at a regular cadence.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate a balance in guiding and influencing the vision of market leaders globally and leading execution with data science and engineering teams.
The successful candidate will identify innovative growth opportunities based on insights and build momentum behind them by bringing along executive leadership teams and business partners within the company.
The candidate will have a strong background and experience in product management, and quantitative analysis and be capable of clearly articulating complex ideas into clear, usable recommendations.
Deep understanding in the areas of Artificial Intelligence - Data Science, Machine Learning, Machine Learning development practices, and Big Data is a strong plus.
- Strong product management skills: work with the larger cross-functional team to define the team s product strategy, business strategy, operation plan and detailed roadmap
- Proven track record of using data driven decision and insights to drive product roadmaps and outcomes in leading technology companies.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while balancing multiple responsibilities, scoping projects, evaluating priorities, and effectively working well within a team
- Outstanding communication skills - verbal, written and presentation abilities. Capacity to deal with sophisticated analytics and summarize key findings and business implications.
- Ability & confidence in quantitative analysis, data visualization and data mining to tell the story behind numbers and derive practical insights
- Ability to develop product insights using data including funnel analysis, customer behavior analysis, cohort analysis etc. and provide recommendations on product improvement and growth
- Initiate the process of proposing, leading and communicating strategic analytical studies, to deepen the understanding of eBay shipping ecosystem
- Develop financial impact and risk analysis of strategic options. Forecasting outcomes
- Develop and lead A/B tests to accurately calculate the impact of site modifications, from both a transactional, and a usability point of view
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and working in Agile teams is desirable
- Deep understanding in the areas of Data Science, Machine Learning, Machine Learning development practices.
- Strong SQL skills. Familiarity with statistical package such as R or Python is a plus.
- Hypothesis testing; experimental design; data mining
- A/B testing and experimentation setup
- Exhibit leadership presence. Be comfortable in leading discussions with VPs and executive leadership
- Think and lead independently with minimal guidance
- Can-do attitude. Like to solve problems in the most pragmatic way
- Resilient. Design and iterate quickly, learn from mistakes. Deliver results.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Able to work across organization and influence peers and more senior colleagues
- Comfortable sorting through ambiguity and the ability to drive towards a practical business impact
- Ability to persuasively align senior leaders and key team members
- Exhibit maturity in resolving conflicts and difference in opinions
- Excellent communication skills. Can communicate complex ideas in simple ways
- Good interpersonal communication; ability to listen, understand and express self clearly
- Bachelor s degree and above. Degrees in quantitative areas (Stats, Math, CS, etc.)
- MBA preferred
- 8+ years of experience in product management roles in technology companies with growing scope and responsibilities. E-commerce and/or Machine Learning experience preferred
- Proficient in statistical computing/data mining software including SQL, Tableau, Excel pivot tableau, Python, Hadoop etc.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay s Diversity & Inclusion click here:
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement