Technology Services Group (TSG) powers BNY Mellon by providing scale, capacity, and capability to deliver the critical technology required to operate the global financial services markets.
TSG is defined by three core values:
- Creative innovators, delivering excellence and simplicity
- Always doing the right thing for the bank, colleagues, and clients
- Fostering a collaborative, diverse and inclusive environment, where we challenge each other to execute a
As part of TSG, our Architecture & Engineering team is
- Define enterprise technology architecture and engineering principles and best practices
- Develop next-generation engineering solutions focused on Resiliency and Innovation
- Engineer and integrate the critical systems and platforms used across the band and with external Clients
We are seeking a Principal Infrastructure Security Engineer (Active Directory, Kerberos) our Security Engineering team. We work on authentication, authorization, and data security for web applications, Linux, and Windows systems across our datacenters. Our systems secure nearly a quarter of the global economy, and we continue to invest in uplifting the technologies that underpin our private cloud and public clouds. Were building our security services to enable engineering and operational efficiencies in our datacenters and public cloud. Our team uses many technologies to enable innovation for our business. It is our goal to build enterprise scale solutions that are cryptographically secure, based on open standards and industry best practices.
- Technical hands-on engineering and management of Active Directory and Kerberos.
- Responsible for design, development and operationalization of enterprise scale security services.
- Writing utility tools to help automate repetitive tasks.
- Customizing reports for audit and re-certifications, and integration with firm standard re-certification and review systems.
- Develop robust functionality in a complex, distributed systems codebase.
- Support and maintain existing functionalities and on-board new functionalities to existing applications.
- Be able to work independently to contribute to a large team delivering solutions to the meet the needs of executive management as well as the general employee population.
- A track record of successful engineering, deployment, and management of Microsoft Active Directory and Kerberos.
- Has setup, configured, knows schema, backup, recovery, and security.
- Expertise and deep understanding of web authentication, DNS sub-systems, TCP/IP, WNS, DHCP, Networking, Containerization, Unix.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues in a fast-paced environment in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task and context switch between various products and services.
- Ability to analyze system performance and capacity metrics and tune systems.
- Good understanding of building, deploying, and maintaining applications in an enterprise environment.
- Deep understanding of how to build fault tolerance and scalability into enterprise systems.
- Strong understanding of UI concepts and implementation.
- Experience with microservices and orchestration.
- Detail oriented with creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player.
- Strong development skills using Powershell, Java and Python.
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Kerberos
- Experience with a configuration management system, such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.