Verizon is one of the world s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you ll be doing...
As a Principal Security Engineer, you will work with a global security team that keeps our enterprise-class cloud service secure from a variety of threats. We are looking for an individual contributor who is passionate about information security and has hands-on experience with projects that underwent successful FedRAMP and DOD IL-4 authorizations.
- Be a member of our global security engineering team responsible for securing our cloud service.
- Engage early on with engineering teams in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to ensure that designs and implementations follow security best practices.
- Drive the implementation of security controls in the application and the operating environment to meet the requirements of NIST 800-53-based programs such as FedRAMP and DOD Impact Levels (IL-4 and up).
- Work with third party advisory firms and assessor organizations to prepare our product offerings for FedRAMP and DOD Impact Level ATO.
- Perform Proof of Concept for Security features working closely with the engineering teams and proactively follow through to successful implementation in the product.
- Utilize vulnerability scanning and application/infrastructure monitoring tools effectively to improve the Organization s security posture.
- Coordinate internal and 3rd party app security, penetration testing and bug bounty programs. Reproduce reported security bugs and work with Engineering to address them timely without side effects.
- Work closely with Operations, IT, Support and Engineering teams to monitor and remediate security incidents.
- Assist Sales and Sales Engineering with RFP responses related to product security when required.
- Be a role model to create a culture of security in the company.
- Lead Security Champions Meetings
- Mentor Junior Engineers in the team
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we re looking for...
You ll need to have:
- Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience designing and securing applications involving Public Cloud like AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Experience driving projects where one or more products obtained successful FedRAMP ATO.
Even better if you have:
- Five or more years of software development experience with security focus or as an application security engineer.
- Programming experience in a scripting or a high level language.
- Experience as a Security Engineer in an Enterprise SaaS-based products company
- Experience with container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes and secure CI/CD processes
- Knowledge of Transport Layer protocols such as TCP/TLS and Application layer protocols such as HTTP, SIP and SRTP.
- An out of the box thinker who can come up with good threat models for a design and misuse cases to validate it.
- Knowledge of the latest OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 vulnerabilities and the corresponding mitigation techniques.
- Experience with tools from 3rd party vendors such as Tenable, Whitehat and/or open source tools such as Nessus, Metasploit, Burp Suite, and Nmap.
- Active membership of Information Security user groups with security certification (CISSP, CEH, GWAPT, GPEN, OSCP, etc.) will be an added plus
- Good communications skills to work effectively with cross functional teams involving Engineering, Support, Operations, Program Management and IT - especially when leading an emergency patch development and deployment.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
Our credo is at the core of the
V team culture.