Arista Networks is an industry leader in Cognitive Cloud Networking for mission critical data center and campus environments. Our award winning open source platforms deliver ultra low latency, high availability, automated analytics and secure network solutions.
Our culture is one that is founded on our core key values which resonate across all of our employee and include respect, integrity, teamwork, innovation, trust and passion for quality. In fact quality is the most important attribute of our products. Why? Really simple, when the network ain't working ain't nothing working!"
Job Description(Wireless SE)
What Will You Do?
We are experiencing tremendous growth and have an immediate need for a collaborative, self-motivated Pre-Sales Network Systems Engineer OR Network Architect to partner with our Account teams to provide pre-sales technical systems engineering support for our enterprise/commercial customers in the Southwest US area. This position will focus specifically on our Cognitive Campus Wireless solutions.
The Systems Engineer is a critical component of the Arista Sales team with the key responsibility of acting as a trusted advisor for our customers to gather requirements and identify opportunities with existing and new customers.
* You will partner with the Arista Account Managers to understand customer pain points and conduct white board network architectural reviews in addition to conducting Arista product presentations of Arista's Open Networking Data Center and Cognitive Campus (including Wifi) networking solutions including Arista's Access Points and Cloud Vision Wifi products
* This role will be focused on acting as a trusted advisor to our customers to understand their business requirements for Campus Wireless (Wifi - 802.11) including site surveys
* You will conduct product demonstrations, architect, design and propose Arista's Campus Wireless solutions including our POE switches, Access Points and Cloud Vision WIFi for management and scaling
* Perform hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept setups, Data Center and/or Campus network designs, and network deployments using new products and features
* Put together design guidelines and recommend improvements to customers for the networks they support
* Partner with Sales Team to respond to RFP/RFQs
* Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering
* Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services
* Author white papers on technology and product
Who Are You?
* BS/CS/CE technical degree required
* Network Industry Certification preferred (e.g. CWNA, CCIE (R&S, Wireless), JNCIE)
* You possess a minimum of 5+ of L2/L3 networking design and implementation experience with a focus on Campus, and WIFI solutions
* Expert level experience with 802.11, routing and switching including L2/L3 protocols
* You possess expert level experience in design and deployment of Wireless network solutions including Access Points, and Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC)
* Demonstrated work experience as either a Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, Pre-Sales SE or Network Consulting Engineer preferred
* Expert knowledge in 3 or more the following areas: Ethernet, RSTP/ MSTP, VLANs, IP Routing, TCP/IP, VxLAN, Multicast, Spanning Tree, 802.11x
* Good understanding of the competitor technology landscape - Cisco, Juniper
* Expert level knowledge of industry-standard CLI
* Previous experience building network automation using Python and Ansible desired
* Knowledge of competitive products, solutions, and services
* Ability to write white papers a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Where legally permitted, Arista requires all candidates for U.S.-based positions to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved accommodation under applicable law. Candidates anticipating seeking an exemption should contact Arista HR before their start date. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Arista's vaccination policy.