?Apex Systems is looking for a Mobile Software Tester supporting one of our large government clients in Northern Virginia! APPLY HERE!
By sending your Resume to Skylar at sariasTitle
: Mobile Software Tester Location
: Merrifield, VA ( ON SITE) w/ some Remote Contract Type: 6
month Contract to Permanent Hire Pay Rate on Contract
: $38.00 - $42 Hourly Rate Salary Rate at Permanent Hire:
$80,000 - $88,000 (+Benefits) Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate will provide software system testing support, verification of code and certification that all deliverables meet customer requirements and are free of software defects and/or bugs across the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Candidate will work closely with software engineers and other project team members to successfully test and assess ongoing development within demanding schedules, as well as, produce test cases and other Postal project documentation
- Candidate will design and prepare test plans and related test case scenarios based on documented, and sometimes undocumented, system requirements and/or business rules.
- Candidate will also devise and apply testing procedures and provide test completion estimates.
- Candidate will create and maintain the documentation of test cases and test results and participate in defect reviews to see that quality criteria are upheld.
- Bachelor's degree or 6 years of professional experience or a combination of education and experience
- Candidate must have experience with load and stress testing within a mobile environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to formulate and document detailed test plans and reports for the systems in comprehensive, quantitative and qualitative terms appropriate for comparative analysis
- Candidate should have the ability to provide organization, communication and leadership to the local team members while effectively interacting with USPS staff, and staff from other contractors, across multiple areas of the country
- Candidate should be able to learn quickly; have the ability to accomplish tasks under limited supervision; possess a strong attention to detail; have a willingness to work in an organization committed to high quality products and customer service and have a strong ability to work as a contributing project team member
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . - provided by Dice