Position Title: Sr. Mobile Application Development Engineer
Duration: 6M Contract to Hire
Client Location: Indianapolis, IN
This position is not eligible for sponsorship or C2C.
The Sr. Engineer for Mobile App Development will be part of a product team that builds and enhances the mobile commerce and team member productivity apps for the company. This individual develops, maintains and improves internally developed mobile Apps and integrates with other enterprise and third party applications.
Key Components of Job Expectations:
· Works within an Agile environment to
develop application solutions to help achieve business objectives.
· Creates effort level estimates for project and change requests using functional specification standards currently set by application development team.
· Develops unit and functional test plans, carry out unit test plans, and aid in the use of functional test plans and the verification of test results.
· Ensuring the availability of an application or product for end users consistent with Service Level Agreements.
· Provide support for Restoration of Service. This includes investigation of outage cause, business impact, and quick response for problem remediation.
· Monitor Applications in Production Environment through manual and automated means.
· Facilitate deployment of application code enhancements to the production environment.
· Communicate status of application production changes and outages.
· Ongoing maintenance, as assigned, of operational documentation for core business systems.
· Respond to inquiries from users for assistance in diagnosing production system operation, data, and business process support.
· Make ongoing recommendations for operational improvements of production applications.
· Architects, codes and implements solutions that achieve the business requirements.
· Demonstrates Creativity and Complex problem solving skills
· Willingness and ability to learn new technology
· Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
· Additional duties and projects as required.
· Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
· Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
· Good understanding of core mobile frameworks
· App design, Coding, Native app writing ability
· Backend web services knowledge
· Knowledge of UX and UI
· Knowledge of APIs and other integration methods
· Ability to perform Unit tests, automation, and code reviews
· iOS and/or Android app development experience; experience using Swift/Kotlin
· Extensive experience working with remote data via REST, JSON, and ability to publish iOS applications
Required Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience required.
· 4 - 6 years of Mobile App Development, preferably with e-Commerce
· 3+ years of native iOS and/or Android app development experience; experience with both is preferred and using Swift/Kotlin, or equivalent experience required
· 3+ years of technical lead experience.