The Database Infrastructure Manager will lead a team of database administrators (DBAs) supporting production database operations in HealthEquity with a high level of technical and product knowledge.
Have the ability to operate will little direction across multiple environments and platforms? Passionate about leadership and setting standards in enterprise-wide database operations? Come establish processes and procedures to improve the stability and performance of production devices, supporting high uptime and SLAs. Mentor DBA team members, and assist Sr Manager and Director with ongoing projects. Partner with great team members and solve complex problems by architecting and implementing innovative technical solutions.
Youll be setting your teams goals, performing reviews, and administrative management tasks. Provide technical and functional expertise with passion and talent to lead and develop other people.
What you'll be doing
- Manage a team of DBAs in the maintenance, planning, and deployment of SQL Server, Oracle, and NoSQL technologies in the cloud (Azure preferred) and on-premises environments.
- Perform complex database maintenance and design activities requiring extensive research and analysis.
- Build the design, implementation, and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle applications that support HealthEquitys product offerings and infrastructure systems.
- Perform configuration and performance tuning reviews and improves execution metrics. Assist team members with tasks, and provide share knowledge on performance tuning techniques and standard processes.
- Design and implement Back End systems with an emphasis on high availability and disaster recoverability, data security, and compliance. Hands-on experience with running SQL Server/Oracle in virtual environments (VMware preferred). Focus on clustering solutions (SQL Server Availability Groups, Oracle RAC/Data Guard) to ensure scalability, and high availability/uptime.
- Ongoing maintenance of multiple databases residing on many SQL Server/Oracle instances. Migration to newer versions of SQL Server/Oracle servers, overseeing migration process, and working with team members on successful project completion.
- Oversee routine and advanced database administration activities including setup of login credentials for users & administer general security measures on database, to resolve and solve database access/other database issues
- Manage the administration, maintenance, monitoring, and security tasks ensuring our database infrastructure is running efficiently and smoothly.
- Lead initiatives related to the security and encryption to the database and data source files to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized use, modification, or disclosure. Actively participate in activities related to compliance and audit.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for business-critical database components.
- Create scripts to provide monitoring, reporting, call services, and complete jobs, automation.
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- 7+ years of data architecture experience in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- 3-5 years leading Database Administrators
- Expertise in the open/inner source world as a committer or owner of a project.
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal, and mentoring skills.
- Excellent presentation and report-writing ability
- A great teammate thats well organized, and able to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities simultaneously
- Expertise and experience in a wide variety of database technologies, from Oracle, SQLServer.
- Competence in enterprise design of OLTP, OLAP, DW, and NoSQL data storage (SQL Server/Azure SQL experience preferred)
This is a remote position.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- HSA contribution and match
- Dependent Care FSA match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401(k) match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Ongoing Education?& Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Award Winning Wellness Program
Come be your authentic self
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth . Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position.
Come be your authentic self
HealthEquity, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. HealthEquity is a drug-free workplace.