Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers. ?
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Lead Engineer on the Network Engineering team, you will:
Build, run, and automate the network platform at Target which is used by Team Members and Guests every day. You will be responsible for deploying new tech to the field, improving the experience of users, and ensuring the smooth operations of our existing network. You will join a group of engineers who are passionate about building the best possible experience. This will include Wi-Fi connectivity used by our 300,000+ Team Members and the Millions of Guests who visit our Stores, Cellular (LTE/5G) connectivity for our locations.
This will all be achieved by contributions to supporting, designing, and building an industry leading Wireless network. Target s large scale presents unique challenges that you will use your talents to improve our Network s efficiency through automation. You will also support network technology used by the team. This will include a mix of traditional networking with developing software to continuously improve the experience, managing vendor solutions like Cisco and Mist and investigating open-source network solutions. As a lead, you will be responsible for mentoring other engineers, setting technical direction, and providing your expert opinion to partners.
- Software Development
- Mist and Cisco Wireless network equipment.
- Metrics visualization with tools like Grafana and Kafka
- 4G and new industry leading 5G Cellular Routers: Cradlepoint as an example.
- Code version control using Git, deployment of apps in Docker containers.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of network experience with a focus on Wireless strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of software development and/or DevOps experience.
- Demonstrates familiarity with current and emerging technologies in the network space, such as open-source networking, Wi-Fi technology and other networking concepts.
- Has led large scale projects to deploy software or network technologies, including managing timelines and financial aspects.
- Demonstrates proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Enthusiastic about the intersection between software and network platforms, emphasizing how to use scripting, virtualization, and automation to deploy and support the platform.
- Enjoys working within a team of engineers in a collaborative environment.
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education.
- Experience with supporting a technology platform, including examples of deep diving to solve novel issues in production.
- Experience with large scale (enterprise level) application deployment by using CI/CD.
- Knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems) preferred.
- Expertise in Wireless technologies (Enterprise Wi-Fi networks, cellular networks, etc.) and network technologies (such as routing or switching) is a plus.
- Coding experience in python.
- Familiarity with Mist wireless network technology.
- Familiarity with LTE, 5G and cellular technology.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $105,800-$190,400 . Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1- for additional information.