Apex Systems is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to serve as Key Personnel for one of our government integrator clients.
If you are interested, please send an updated copy of your resume as a Word Document to .Position:
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer Location:
100% REMOTE Degree:
Must be a US Citizen in order to obtain/maintain an Active Secret Security Clearance as a condition of employment Certifications:
CISSP, CCNA, Sec+ Years Experience:
9+ Must Have Technology Experience:
Data Encryption, Cybertools i.e. Splunk, Solarwinds, Nessus, NetApp, McAfee, etc.
The ideal candidate actively building the information security program for a federal information system or program. This individual would require experience leading in the evaluating, designing, documenting, implementing, operating, testing, and monitoring security and privacy controls that support the information system security and privacy program. The Cyber Security Engineer will also be responsible for defining technical security initiatives, preparing for and supporting Assessments and Audits as well as continuous monitoring. In-depth knowledge and experience in Datacenter operation, Contact Centers and IT Service Desk Operations
- Provide SME support on security systems standard for network/ application / database; providing technical support as needed.
- Advise customers on security best practices based on infrastructure need.
- Evaluate customer's current security posture and report on possible deficiencies.
- Architect solutions needed to meet Security / Infrastructure and Use Case requirements
- Prepares security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Elicit and document customer requirements for Cloud and Big Data projects, delivering analysis and recommendations on approaches to accomplish the requirements.
- Develop custom, efficient, complete Cloud management strategies for AWS and other cloud providers.
- Create project plans for content projects, report effectively on project status, and deliver on-time results that meet or exceed requirements
- Experience using vulnerability scanner such as Nessus, OpenVAS, Retina or Nexpose.
- Experience running static analysis /static application security testing tools such as SonarQube, Fortify or Veracode.
- Experience running dynamic application security testing tools such as WebInspect, AppSpider, Acunetix, AppScan, Qualys, Burp Suite Pro or OWASP ZAP.
- Experience running component analysis tools such as Sonatype Nexus IQ, Synopsys Black Duck, OWASP Dependency-Check/Track.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Visio.
- Ability to leverage Microsoft Project for project planning.
- Hands-on experience with implementing, documenting, maintaining, and monitoring agency Acceptable Risk Safeguards control requirements.
- Experience in implementing and enforcing policies, procedures and guidelines in a complex environment.
- Experience assisting with the implementation of an automated CI/CD DevSecOps pipeline
- Experience in the development, implementation and operation of IT Security Strategy within a complex environment.
- Knowledge and experience with security best practices and relevant legislation.
- Experience with IT Security management, access policy and management, authentication and SSO, authorization, audit, secure communications and network protection, data protection and privacy, and security administration.
- Understanding of, and ability to communicate, security and risk implications to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working as part of an agile scrum team, assisting with security-related tasks and deliverables associated with bi-weekly sprints.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . - provided by Dice