Amazon is seeking bright, adaptable, and hardworking applicants to join our Corporate Infrastructure Operations (InfraOps) team.
The InfraOps Tech is a primary resolver for the InfraOps support organization and a critical partner for central network IT Services SMEs. This position supports multiple sites in a geographic region as part of a larger team and regularly installs, troubleshoots, and operationally supports network infrastructure at layers 1-3. InfraOps Techs are expected to understand all aspects of the physical equipment supported within IDFs, MDFs, MPOEs, as well as wireless infrastructure. In addition to solid networking fundamentals and switch/router support, this role requires functional knowledge of core network services such as SSH, Telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP. Basic functional knowledge for installing and upgrading server hardware and operating systems is also a must. This role is responsible for copper and fiber cabling within and between IDF/MDFs, and coordinates with vendors for cabling installs and repairs to the floor. Regular duties also include the setup and support of auxiliary Infrastructure devices including PDUs, UPS units, serial consoles, and environmental monitors.
The InfraOps Tech collaborates with their larger team and business partners to align on priorities and solutions, but is able to deliver independently with minimal supervision. Techs are able to independently execute small projects and contribute to larger projects by coordinating with project managers, partner teams, and SMEs. Maintaining excellent working relationships with on-site and remote stakeholders is essential for day to day operational efficacy, planning changes, and responding to emergencies.
Key job responsibilities
+ Assist with technical projects by providing engineering teams with onsite support to deliver technical projects for Amazon Corporate employees worldwide.
+ Support diagnostic and troubleshooting of corporate infrastructure including: analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing proposed fixes and following up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
+ Assist with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
+ Create and submit detailed case logs via our ticketing system, documenting interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
+ Assist with coaching and developing talent at the role level.
+ Follow, update, and create standard operating procedures (SOP) to improve the teams' knowledge management.
+ Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
A day in the life
Your typical day will include a combination of the following:
• Troubleshooting network device/component/link/service down alerts. Those you cannot solve directly will be escalated with partner teams until a solution is found.
• Advising a partner team, project manager, or internal customer, on the challenges, options, and next steps for implementing a solution.
• Coordinating with vendor partners (telecom, cabling, facility, security, etc) to add services, fix breaks, and support outages affecting IDFs and MDFs.
• Participating in hardware upgrades and site launches.
• Updating team, site, and ticket documentation to share knowledge, track changes, and record solutions.
About the team
Seattle InfraOps bridges the physical and virtual worlds to "keep the lights on" at Amazon's largest corporate campus by partnering with facilities, security, IT Help Desk, Network Engineering, Infrastructure Lifecycle, and internal customer teams. We strive to create a collaborative, flexible, supportive environment that sets our customers, partners, and individual team members up for success. We rely on communication and independent judgement to prioritize a diverse mix of break/fix tickets, customer requested changes, planned hardware upgrades, and site launches. We contribute to the development, implementation, and testing of future infrastructure solutions while simultaneously developing our technical and project management skills.
• 2+ years of experience deploying and supporting network and server devices at the physical layer including associated cabling.
• 2+ years troubleshooting DHCP, DNS, wired and wireless networking.
• 2+ years of basic Windows /Linux Server Operating System installation and network troubleshooting.
• CCNA, Network+ or equivalent experience.
• Ability to lift to 40lbs and worked in a cramped and/or elevated environment.
• Able to participate in after hours planned work and participate in an on-call rotation.
• Advanced Linux or Windows systems administration skills
• Strong verbal and written skills and a proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills of complex systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit